315/75/16 road tire advise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please note!
I am looking for advise for road tires, NOT off road.

I have a set of wheels and GY MTR Kev for off road.

Currently I have the Duratracs for my road use. They are excellent for on road, and I have heard they are good for off road as well but I don't have personal experience off road with the Duratracs.

For capable tires like the Duratracs, they are fairly quite. But for a long distance road trip I found them to be noisy than I like.

I am searching for a quite all season tire for road trips. I have had the Nitto TG and liked them. I don't remember how quite they are. The two that I found so far are these:

Yokohama GEO ATS 01249 LT315/75R16 121/R D Load
Nitto Terra Grappler 200-040 315/75R16 121/Q D Load

I am interested to hear if the Yokos are quite.

TIA
Rami

Last edited:
Nitto Terra Grapplers, they are quiet on the road.

Firestone Destination A/T 127/124R Load Range E

Kumho Road Venture AT KL78 121Q Load Range D

General Grabber AT 2 121Q Load Range D

By and large, the more "road" oriented tread patterns of the Yokohama, Firestone, Kumho, and Toyo AT II will be ultra quiet. Another way to increase the comfort for longer trips will be to go with a Load Range D tire over Load Range E - the more compliant sidewall will be more comfortable all the time, kind of like how a "touring" spec car has a softer, more compliant ride than a "sport" spec car.

I've had these on my 4runner...
Firestone Destination A/T
Toyo Open Country A/T
Nitto Terra Graplers

I liked the Toyo's the most. Filled with nitrogen and believe it or not, I never rotated them not once and they lasted about 48,000 miles. All highway.

Hankook Dynapro AT/m's are awesome tires. If I spent more time on-road I'd still be running them on my truck. Quiet, responsive, Great in the snow, and Great in the rain. Give them a look.

I am searching for a quite all season tire for road trips.

If you are really looking for a great all season tire, the Toyo Open Country H/T's are a fantastic road tire. Have them on our Ram 2500 for about 2 years (or more, cant remember) and they look brand new.

KingKong said:
If you are really looking for a great all season tire, the Toyo Open Country H/T's are a fantastic road tire. Have them on our Ram 2500 for about 2 years (or more, cant remember) and they look brand new.

315/75/16?
I don't see this size in H/T

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

The Toyo Open Country H/T does not come in the 315/75/16 flavor.

Nitto Terra Grapplers, they are quiet on the road.

I very much agree on this. They are real quiet. i feel like they are quieter than my BFG A/Ts were

Falken Wild Peak. Inexpensive and quiet.

Im running the Yokohama Geolander ATS and I love them. Super quiet, inexpensive and after almost two years with them, they are doing great and are still soft. When it comes time to buy again, Im buying the Yokos. I found the best price at Discount Tire.

x2 Falken WildPeak ATS - extremely quiet on the road, I've put about 5k on mine and have been very pleased with them.

Michelin makes the best road tire IMO but don't think 315 is an option.

I'm on my 3rd set of NTG. They've been very good to me on and off the road.

A while back I made my living as a mechanic at a Heep dealer. We were also a Kia and Eagle dealer. And the Grand Cherokee was at The hieght of its popularity during the SUV craze of the early 90s. So I got to mount and balance a very large variey of makes and sizes of tires. IMOP with my experiences the Michelin,Dunlop and Toyo brand are the highest quality tires out there. The quality really shows it self when you go to balance a tire. You can see the side run out. The brands mentioned were as true as a arrow. And how much if any lead it takes to balance it out. And yes I had a few Toyo and Dunlops balance with zero lead.:eek: By rotating the heavy spots on the rim. Hands down the worst quality at that time was Goodyear off road tires. Side runout was massive. And it would take half a pound to get em balanced. Some would have lead ring a quarter way around the rim. Some of the high performance on road were good. To bad the Michelin LTX is not in the size you need. I have been running those for years and love em on my F250. I just screwed up and got some Perrellis Scorpions on my truck and hate em. They ride like shiat. SHould have stuck with the LTX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom