31"tires on OEM steel wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GeoW5

SILVER Star
Threads
All,

Can you fit 31"tires on OEM steel wheels? I am interested in going back to the OEM steel wheels if I can find a set. The chrome wheels this thing came with are rusting and I think the steel wheels would just have a cool look for an occasional off road vehicle and mostly grocery getter in the mountains.

Interested in any better ideas for wheel and tire setup.

The search bar and FAQ are both great tools. I would be sure to check those out. As the topic of wheels has been covered many many times.

But to answer your question:

You can fit 31" tires on OEM steel wheels. I currently have 33x10.5x15 BFG all terrains on the stock OEM wheels. The stock steelies can still be purchased from the dealer. Fair warning, a lot of places will not mount wider tires on the 5.5" OEM steel wheels since there is such a width difference.

The search bar and FAQ are both great tools. I would be sure to check those out. As the topic of wheels has been covered many many times.

But to answer your question:

You can fit 31" tires on OEM steel wheels. I currently have 33x10.5x15 BFG all terrains on the stock OEM wheels. The stock steelies can still be purchased from the dealer. Fair warning, a lot of places will not mount wider tires on the 5.5" OEM steel wheels since there is such a width difference.

I run the same set up , 33’s and had to find a small mom and pop to mount. Great result though

03C36C5A-203E-40B6-9BDD-E53DFEA8BAE6.jpeg

Same here; 33x10.5x15 on stock steelies. I daresay it's one of the most popular combinations you will find here. Discount Tire sold and mounted mine.

I worry about the 33”s but you guys riga look great!

You'll want a lift to fit 33's, at least 2.5 inches. Mine is a 3" lift, for what it's worth.

Those city racer wheels are very expensive! Beautiful, but expensive.

I wasnt happy with the BFG 10.5 on stock wheels (too balloon looking and hard to steer without PS) and I went with 16" from city racer and I am very happy with the ride and look. See my build thread in my sig for pictures of each.

If you're particular about keeping the Toyota wheels/look, another option is to have the centers cut from the OEM steel wheels and welded into taller and/or wider wheel barrels. This is a good option if you also want to achieve a specific offset and avoid using spacers. I had my centers cut from the 15x6s and welded into 16x7 wheel barrels with a slightly negative offset. I've been running these with a 2-inch lift and 255/85r16 tires with great results.

Front.jpg

Last edited:
If you're particular about keeping the Toyota wheels/look, another option is to have the centers cut from the OEM steel wheels and welded into taller and/or wider wheel barrels. This is a good option if you also want to achieve a specific offset and avoid using spacers. I had my centers cut from the 15x6s and welded into 16x7 wheel barrels with a slightly negative offset. I've been running these with a 2-inch lift and 255/85r16 tires with great results.

View attachment 2046444
interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom