30th Rubithon - Report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This year was the 30th TLCA Rubithon. Brian wanted to run the Rubicon trail again and he had to twist my arm but I thought it might be fun..

Brain headed out west early to enjoy some vacation with his son. Patrick had other obligations, so would not be going to the Rubithon. We decided to meet Brian at Vail CO where Ellie joined us for the trip west to CA.

Quentin and I headed west and met Brian and Ellie in Vail. We spend some time there and got the grand tour including a gondola ride to the mountain top.

Off to CA across UT and NV. Weather was tolerable this time, no 106 temps for Brian.

Just so you can see some of what you missed:

untitled-0616.jpg
20180620_091653.jpg
20180620_102644.jpg
20180621_105214.jpg
20180621_110409.jpg

You missed CMCC! Better not miss next year! 20th anniversary! Nice pics!

It was a great experience for me, first time wheeling in northern California. Challenging trail, beautiful scenery, perfect weather, cool trucks, etc.... Seeing Joe and Brian was a nice surprise.

You guys can pick me up on your way through Ohio next time.:idea:

What I did for fun on my vacation: picked a lakeside campsite & swapped a frt shaft on the trail.
IMG_20180620_061319328_HDR.jpg

Jim, we would have stopped and helped with your trail repair!

Beno, much less wear and tear on the BJ46.

Beautiful pictures.....

I am hoping to head that direction on 2020 !

It is an adventure. We have been fortunate to have been able to run the Rubicon trail twice.

If possible, plan on visiting as many of the National Parks & Forests on the return trip. My wife flew out and met us in Lake Tahoe for the return. Great vacation.

Back to "kick out sliders" - while they do help sometimes, here is a picture that illustrates when they won't make a difference:

untitled-0851.jpg

That rock is just hoping it can brush the door or take the mirror off.

On the return we visited the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, the Black Hills, Custer State Park, Mt Rushmore, Wall Drug Store and the Badlands.

We drove thru Thunder Basin National Grasslands but it was not as we expected.

Being an old guy and having a National Park Senior Pass made all the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom