30th Annual Rubithon 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone else plan or thinking about entering from the Tahoma entrance and heading straight to the springs on Tuesday. I did Rubithon in 2016 Starting from loon. This year I'm bringing my Wife and 2 kids and want to spare my wife any unnecessary anxiety. She doesn't enjoy the off road portion due to a childhood car accident, but I know she will enjoy the springs. I'm thinking of leaving Orcutt Ca. Early in the AM so the kids sleep and are not fussy about a 7-8 hr. Drive to Tahoe. Get some food in town and hopefully be on the trail by noon.

Anyone else plan or thinking about entering from the Tahoma entrance and heading straight to the springs on Tuesday. I did Rubithon in 2016 Starting from loon. This year I'm bringing my Wife and 2 kids and want to spare my wife any unnecessary anxiety. She doesn't enjoy the off road portion due to a childhood car accident, but I know she will enjoy the springs. I'm thinking of leaving Orcutt Ca. Early in the AM so the kids sleep and are not fussy about a 7-8 hr. Drive to Tahoe. Get some food in town and hopefully be on the trail by noon.
I was planning on a Wednesday departure from the Tahoe side but Tuesday might work.

:hmm:

Any open seats, looking to book my flight soon. I can pay for gas and help with rock stacking or wrenching. What ever is needed.

Thanks in advance

James
631 873 6912

Any open seats, looking to book my flight soon. I can pay for gas and help with rock stacking or wrenching. What ever is needed.

Thanks in advance

James
631 873 6912
Hey James, if I had an open seat I’d take you. Post up on the Wagon Run thread, too: 2018 Rubithon Wagon Run

You can basically camp anywhere. Go past the kiosk out onto the granite and camp.

Although there are campsites near the north end, it's really a stretch of river that covers quite a bit of distance that we camp along. Different runs get assigned different sections. It gets crowded by Friday, but Tuesday and Wednesday it's still pretty open.

Myself and a lot of the Camp Committee drop in from Tahoma. We try to leave around 10am from Staging

I'm filling out the registration and need to know if the AMCN plan covers both of us in the vehicle?

email and Vmail sent.

AMCN covers per household, not vehicle.

Everyone at our event from Tuesday to Sunday between Wentworth Springs, Loon and Tahoma are covered as long as they have signed the liability forms. It will not cover them coming to or from the trail unless they have their own membership.

Just a reminder, you only have 5 more days to get your registrations in to avoid the $25 late registration fee and to have you shirts for you at the event. Registrations must be received NLT May 14th

Weather is not going to be a factor this year. People have already made it into the Springs and the Tahoe side is clearing nicely. I will have a full report from the Tahoe side after Memorial Day.

Here is the link for registration: REGISTRATION – Rubithon

You can sign up after this and even at the event if need be, but you shirts will have to mailed after the event and late fees will not be waived.

Feel free to send me an email or give me a call with any questions.

Thanks and see everyone in just over a month from now!

Eric Agee

Rubithon Chairman

530-401-0800

Myself and a lot of the Camp Committee drop in from Tahoma. We try to leave around 10am from Staging
Good to know, I will have to adjust my schedule accordingly. Sigh of relief knowing I won't be the only one heading in from this side.

Not at all. We usually have a caravan of about 8 rigs or so

Good to know, I will have to adjust my schedule accordingly. Sigh of relief knowing I won't be the only one heading in from this side.

Not at all. We usually have a caravan of about 8 rigs or so

Tuesday? I soloed in last year, and I'd rather not do that again.

Anyone planning on a Wednesday departure form Tahoma?

Tuesday? I soloed in last year, and I'd rather not do that again.

Anyone planning on a Wednesday departure form Tahoma?
The mog crew comes in with the mog and about 6 rigs. You wont be alone. Carry a ham, we monitor in the Springs

In regards to Loon Lake (North Shore campground) on Tues, you should find plenty of room, not by Thurs evening but Tues has had spots available in years past.

Today is your last chance to get your registration in for the 30th Annual Rubithon. Registrations must be received before midnight!

You can sign up after this and even at the event if need be, but your shirts will be mailed after the event and late fees will not be waived.

Weather is not going to be a factor this year. People have already made it into the Springs and the Tahoe side is clearing nicely. I will have a full report from the Tahoe side after Memorial Day.

Here is the link for registration: https://rubithon.com/registration/

Feel free to send me an email or give me a call with any questions.

Thanks and see everyone in just over a month from now!

Eric Agee
Rubithon Chairman
530-401-0800

As of right now, it looks like I will be bringing a vehicle that cannot be driven on the street. Is anyone driving back out to Loon Lk instead of going up Cadillac on Sunday?

Lots of guys head out via Loon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom