30A Sand Rover Rally - 4/22/22 thru 4/24/22 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GA Architect

SILVER Star
Threads

I'll be there with my FJ40.

I plan to be in the Santa Rosa area on Thursday evening (4/21) thru Sunday morning (4/24).

I'll be there with my FJ40.

I plan to be in the Santa Rosa area on Thursday evening (4/21) thru Sunday morning (4/24).
I think some of our club members may also attend this event.

If I can ever get my LX out of the shop I will be there. If the next mortgage payment to them clears... maybe. Haha

Seems like a cool event! My cruiser is down, however. Anyone posting here have a lead on a good FJ80 mechanic/shop in the Ft Walton/Shalimar/ValP/Destin area?

It was cool. But no luck on a shop. I need some help with my hundo in the Panama City area. I am frankly tired of doing it all myself.

Good to hear. Well, not the last part haha. I didn’t mind doing it, but it’s no longer a fun hobby when it’s not right. I just want to use the truck.

Good to hear. Well, not the last part haha. I didn’t mind doing it, but it’s no longer a fun hobby when it’s not right. I just want to use the truck.
Welcome to the club! I bought mine a year ago next week from a mud member. "Everything's been done. All you have to do is enjoy it." I believe that was the statement. Now, it might run again this week but only after about $10K and a few hundred hours of my time. Maybe. It would just be nice to have someone do all the heavy things that required a lift I do not have and someone to double-check my work because I know I forgot, messed up, and being human can and does happen. Maybe, one day, perhaps over in fantasy land we will see each other's functioning rides and enjoy them? :rofl:

😂
Sound about right. I think if I knew then what I know now I might have just listened to the clicking and kept driving.

Just baseline it, they said. It’ll be fun, they said. Just take your time and go step by step and it’s not a big deal, they said.

Starting to feel like the “built not bought” phenomenon. Great dude, does cool stuff. But without a 10,000 sqft shop and a quarter million dollars in tools…I probably should have just bought 🤣

😂
Sound about right. I think if I knew then what I know now I might have just listened to the clicking and kept driving.

Just baseline it, they said. It’ll be fun, they said. Just take your time and go step by step and it’s not a big deal, they said.

Starting to feel like the “built not bought” phenomenon. Great dude, does cool stuff. But without a 10,000 sqft shop and a quarter million dollars in tools…I probably should have just bought 🤣
Isn't this the truth? :rofl: But a 10k sqft shop and a quarter million in tools would be fun. I certainly wouldn't be wrenching on a land cruiser. More like a 2000GT or one of those NSX things, or maybe one of those fancy machines that fly.

It was a setup from the beginning.

admiral-ackbar-admiral-ackbar-it-s-a-trap-demotivational-posters-1329156033.jpg

Seems like a cool event! My cruiser is down, however. Anyone posting here have a lead on a good FJ80 mechanic/shop in the Ft Walton/Shalimar/ValP/Destin area?
@https://forum.ih8mud.com/members/landcrusiergod1.4661/
@

landcrusiergod1

He’s a cruiser guy in that area and might could help with where to go. I just remembered a guy asking me about where to get his fj cruiser transmission worked on in the same area. I told him I would try and help find somewhere .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom