305 Ft/lb Torque Wrench?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm slowly acquiring parts to replace my oil pump gasket, crank seal, rad hoses, block drain, radiator, belts and basically what ever else I find. Anyway I have what it takes to take apart but I cant seem to find a rental shop that has a large enough torque wrench. FSM calls for 305 and closest I've found is 300 ft/lbs and close enough wont cut it IMO. Does anyone know where I can source a wrench around Gwinnett County or Atl. I'm still planning and probably wont tackle this till it gets warmer. Just trying to get my ducks in a row..

Thanks for any help!

Lots use the Harbor Freight with good luck. Used it on mine ~5 years ago

I think it only goes to 300 ft/lbs but it's fine. Tug on it a little more for good measure.

If I cant find one I might have too, but I'd rather know when I'm done that it was to spec. Like I said im planning this out, I still have to buy a radiator and a few small things before I jump into this. Hopefully I can locate one.

Put an adapter on it. There is a calculation if you add a torque adapter to extend the length. There is an old thread in the 40 section I posted years ago that explains it. Evem adding a crows foot could get you to 305 maybe but that may slip off or tear up the bolt head. A box end torque adapter is better.

You could also lengthen the handle with a piece of pipe and do the same calculation. It is based on the total length of the wrench to the center of the bolt.

Post 20

Still saving up but I think around summer. I've found a decent price one on Jegs.com

That would be fantastic, I was going to go used but after a few others having issues I got gun shy. But if you get it calibrated you are taking the extra step others didn't. If ya need a hand doing your service I'd like to help in exchange for your generosity, just let me know if I can assist in any way.

just did a spot check using a 250ft/lb wrench,tried 100,150,200 and 250 ft/lb settings everything checked out,got a little bit of drag on the big wrench before it clicked but that could have been the adapter i was using throwing it off some.i just want to see how it checks out through the complete range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom