305/70R16 or 285/75R16 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this topic has been brought up numerous times and I have spent hours reading all the previous posts which have been quite informative.
My main question is do 305s fit in the stock 16in wheels (1998 Landcruiser) without rubbing on the control arms? Discount Tire won’t have any issues mounting the 12 in tire on the 8in wheel right? Looking at getting some General Grabber ATX and torn between these two sizes.
If there’s a thread directly discussing this please let me know.
Appreciate the help!

I can only attest to the 285/75 ATX's.........
They rub, but not on the CA....I think. Full crank into a right incline turn is when it happens. Barely does it on a left turn.

They are friggin awesome by the way! My favorite tire by a long shot!

I can only attest to the 285/75 ATX's.........
They rub, but not on the CA....I think. Full crank into a right incline turn is when it happens. Barely does it on a left turn.

They are friggin awesome by the way! My favorite tire by a long shot!
Thanks for the info! Do you have any pics aside from your thumbnail on how they look? Curious to see how the 285s fill the wheel wells.

Thanks for the info! Do you have any pics aside from your thumbnail on how they look? Curious to see how the 285s fill the wheel wells.
Oh, I have pics...........

Threw my 4Runner in there for fun. Same tires, but in the stock size of 265/70r17 I believe.
Showing those as it made a completely stock Runner look a little better.

FYI, my LC has E Load rating ATX’s and they run a bit stiff when aired up on the street. The lower rated ones on the T4R were perfect at any psi.

820CA4EE-FB73-41B5-AF0B-B26467D3BF42.jpeg

B1DB2395-3554-48D7-8489-7D6704A80EEA.jpeg

4650C1C0-610B-4EDC-A911-6B34CC8FBBAF.jpeg

8A4EB744-80F1-4864-A287-316AA3AD3F27.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh, I have pics...........

Threw my 4Runner in there for fun. Same tires, but in the stock size of 265/70r17 I believe.
Showing those as it made a completely stock Runner look a little better.

FYI, my LC had Load E rating ATX’s and they run a bit stiff when aired up on the street. The lower rated ones on the T4R were perfect at any psi.

View attachment 2548859

View attachment 2548860

View attachment 2548862

View attachment 2548863
Thanks! Truck looks really good and I was looking at the E rated tires as well. Good thing I don’t mind a rough ride!

Thanks! Truck looks really good and I was looking at the E rated tires as well. Good thing I don’t mind a rough ride!
Thanks! Not too bad for stock other than a TB twist and tires.
I have some actual LC wheels that I'm going to blast and paint for the future and am also thinking of doing a rear bumper kit. After that, it will be fit enough to drive to work and pick the kids up from school!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom