3019 CZ is found! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good news everyone! The Police have found my car. No news yet on damage etc. I'm going to pick it up later after it has been dusted for finger prints.

Thanks to everyone for their messages and for speading the word.

Cheers everyone :D Jim

Jim,
What great news! I'm very happy for you. I think most of us were sharing your sick feelings.
Bill

Jim,

This is awesome news, now you can start thinking about getting that O2 sensor fixed properly.

I am glad that you are getting your rig back.

Al.

OUTSTANDING JAMES. :D You have made my day sir.

Jim -

>> You have made my day

Yep, double that for me. I love to start a new day with good news. Here's hoping there has not been any substantial damage...

Cheers, Ron -

Here's an update (just in time for US breakfast news)

I have picked up the vehicle and there is no apparent damage. No sign of entry and no damage to steering column / wiring etc.

The Police left no doubt in my mind that they felt I had left it unlocked (even went as far as to suggest that I had forgotten where I parked it) Since it was discovered 5 miles from where I left it, a short memory lapse does not quite explain the disappearance.

One or two things don't add up (to my mind or the Police's) Nothing was taken from the vehicle (CDs etc) ??? My guess is that the thieves were either out for a joy ride and didn't get much pleasure from it, or they made a mistake (didn't like the LPG conversion??)

Anyway - who cares! I got it back.

Cheers, Jim

Thats great. Reminds me of when I left my 80 out front of my business overnight. Came to get it the next day and it was gone. I felt like crying and pukeing at the same time. Little did I know that the town had started towing vehicles left on main street when it snowed so the plows would have a clean sweep. Hope beyond hope I called the town and they said yes they were towing and yes they had my truck. The lady taking my towing fee money said I was the first person to be happy that my vehicle had been towed. Actually I was estatic and glady paid the charge.
Sean

Jim,

If there is NO evdience of forced entry or a damaged ignition lock, there is an excelent chance they had a key.
If I were you, I would re-key the vehicle.

Dan.

Good news Jim!
I'm glad you got your baby back.

The thieves might of thought it was I Jeep. They sell Jeeps over there? When the saw that it was a LC, not knowing what a LC is they jumped and ran. In your case they might of thought it was RR or LR.
kurt

Hooray for the good guys!!!

Jim,
Bold prediction here....  I'm thinking your temp O2 sensor fix gave out and the resulting noise got them worried about getting stranded or caught. Do they still hang auto thiefs in the UK?

Short story. Doorbell rings about 3AM on a Saturday morning. Friend says she needs someplace to stay... says she lost her house keys and someone stole her car at the pub. Next morning I drive her back to the pub so she can look for her keys. There's her car in the valet parking section.   :D

-B-

I take the point about someone having a key, although I don't see how since I have the spare. I'm going to look into the cost of changing the ignition lock. I'm also looking at having a gizmo fitted which locks it into reverse. The second option willl give an added layer of protection regardless of whether someone has a key or not.

-B- The o2 sensor is still in place but blowing slightly. You may be right. If so, it is an unexpected reward for my bad workmanship! (BTW, I like your new avatar)

Once again everyone, thanks for the support - I am truely touched by the messages and concern

Jim

Jim,

I did not mean to infer that they had one of YOUR keys. They may have otained a key clandestinely, by a means that I do not care to describe publicly. I would change all of the locks, not just the ignition.

Oh, Do you have a rather large Rotweiller by chance? :D

Jim:

Fantatic news :) :) :)- you see all that global Cruiser Karma seems to be working! I'm really glad that you got your truck back - now for a new alarm/tracking device

I also remember a funny story of coming home to find the police (back when they actually used to do this) at our house investigating the 'theft' of my brother's bike. About 5 minutes later my sister came home and asked why my brother's bike was at the local variety store...he had ridden there and then walked home :D

Cheers, Hugh

So it is possible for me to get a key to somebody elses supercharged truck? Oh the possibilities! ::)

>> (BTW, I like your new avatar) <<

Bill (photoman) made it for me several months ago. I had to modify it a little for the 100x100 square shape for the avatar.

I got so upset hearing your truck was stolen that I almost ended it all by pressing the button. A day later and I'm glad I waited. :D

-B-

I don't think Winnie 'the wonder dog' would be much of a deterrent....

LinkPhoto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom