300M axles for your 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I quess I could have had some one tons for the price I paid th build these, but I didnt want ine tons. Been there done that.

Completely understand that - been there did that too.

I rebuild the brake calipers while I was in there since a dust boot up front was torn, did a few other small things - but your finished axles look alot nicer than mine did.
-Well, the RR wasn’t much to look at, but the replacement FR shell was new & purdy then.

I bent a FR axle shell, ate the splines off the inner driveshaft & shattered the collar it rides in/part of the pinion.
All that metal mashed around & ate / ground into the R&P teeth, shell bent clear into the flange so I was losing 1/2qt weekly of some of the thickest diff fluid & I added grease to, plus I killed a spindle on that side & a birf started clicking on hard turns.

I didn’t want to add up the grand total spent, but I remember a new shell was $1500 & that was <1/2 of what it cost by the time I had good parts through my entire new shell & back under the 80.

The weird part was relatively how mild the impact seemed in-cabin, but Christo had mentioned the FR shell isn’t really stout.
(not that mass-produced 1T shells are either, I’ve no frame of reference there)

This is bullscite. You can’t get hooked on opiates. I’ve been taking them daily for 15 years and I’m not hooked.
you may be right, I think it just a fad accidentally unleashed on America by well meaning elitists.

RVC life time warranty even includes competition use. so they don't care if you're running forties or if you have a Leadfoot. Been running them in the front for three years now. 37s 5.29s low range transfer gears.
And I like to wheel View attachment 2100687View attachment 2100688
have you ever smoked the 5.29? I was just talked out of them and after seeing pinions side by side the 4.88 looks much heavier. really asking.

No, but I never hammer it in reverse. I also trussed it, It's my belief that when the housing flex that can blow the R&P.
People told me the same thing, but with the lack of a Doubler for our regs I wanted the lowest gears.

Heres a comparison picture of RCV vs Nitros Vs OEM the RCV are seriously well made. and putting new bearing in a a TC on a table that USED to be for sunday dinner.
0B9A0597.JPG
0B9A0598.JPG
0B9A0599.JPG
0B9A0600.JPG
0B9A0592.JPG

This is bullscite. You can’t get hooked on opiates. I’ve been taking them daily for 15 years and I’m not hooked.

fake news

thats for that tid bit Dr Auttiman

stay up @RFB you live, you learn right?

literally have no dog in this fight nor an 80 but i cant stand sh*t like that when i see it, apologizes for not adding relevant info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom