300 GR spotted in Aus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looks like the 300 GR to me. Note the bull bar

CD4B347E-3F88-4171-A8F1-70FA2088DECB.jpeg

Already with a bull bar!

But those skinny stock tires:(

This car badly needs a new set of wheels and tires. A good car wash will also help, or maybe it's the matte color that makes it look like it's dirty.

This car badly needs a new set of wheels and tires. A good car wash will also help, or maybe it's the matte color that makes it look like it's dirty.
It looks like it's got a vinyl wrap to cover the badges etc. The rear looks better in real life than I thought it might!

Not liking the pancaked looking fenders. The rear does look pretty good. Even if the new 300 came to the U.S, I wouldn’t trade my 200 in for it. Not a fan of the 300 missing the split tailgate, 2nd row floor hump and still dated unimpressive looking interior for a 90k suv.

Not liking the pancaked looking fenders. The rear does look pretty good. Even if the new 300 came to the U.S, I wouldn’t trade my 200 in for it. Not a fan of the 300 missing the split tailgate, 2nd row floor hump and still dated unimpressive looking interior for a 90k suv.
I zoomed in to see the bull bar and legit thought the front fender was squashed in from side swiping something until I zoomed back out and saw it matched the rear.

Ugh, the fenders really look odd. In the other leaked/official pics it wasn't obvious.

Anyhow, it's pretty clear 200 is the future classic, just like 80 is now.

Last edited:
I know all the specs say that the split tailgate is gone, but that photo definitely has a seam across the back where a split tailgate world go - is it just the vinyl wrap that covers it up? I hope so- the 300 would become useless to me as a work vehicle on this point alone.... The other part would be the rear mudflaps are pointless - the rear bumper would get destroyed with the rocks & gravel flung off the tyres if they're legit.

The split tailgate is definitely gone. I've seen a picture somewhere with the hatch open. It's just one gigantic hatch.
That seam you can see on the tailgate is just a crease. Probably there for aesthetic purposes.

Reviewer mentions turn control systems are better on the 300. Are turn control systems currently on US 200 series LC/LX?

The 3rd row function looks quite cool. Maybe better/less cargo consuming that it might have seem at first (like 4Runner's 3rd row).

Dash not too bad. Quarter panel profile is ungainly but one can get used to it.

This is looking increasingly better. Turbo gasser is a questionable proposition to me. But really the biggest loss is the demise of the split tailgate.

The real question is how ugly 300 LX will be....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom