For Sale $300 FJ40 1970 1F engine, trans, and t-case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tank5

SILVER Star
Threads
Selling a pretty complete 1F 1970 production period engine, trans, and t-case. I got with a project and don't plan to use it. I don't know much about the history. It is pretty crusty looking and will need a really good cleaning and refresh of accessories but it looks pretty complete except no carb. Asking 500.00 plus shipping. It is on a pallet and ready to go. Located in NM.

20190522_180523.jpg

20190522_180548.jpg

20190522_180623.jpg

20190522_180608.jpg

20190522_180643.jpg

Last edited:
Which trans and tcase?

It is a 3speed column shift. I have a 4 speed transmissions I could offer with it if that is what you are looking for.

I may have interest. was it running when you pulled it? Millage? What do you know about its life?

thanks

I may have interest. was it running when you pulled it? Millage? What do you know about its life?

thanks

I got the engine with an fj45 project that had a Chevy v8. The guy I bought it from was going to put it in the 45. I don't know the last time it ran or have any other history on it. I don't know the mileage either.

I am open to offers on it.

thanks. I maybe interested. I have a F engine. I maybe looking to replace it. I had spun a rod bearing. The cost of reaching the crank and the block might be cost prohibited but entertains the the idea if finding a half way decent F that I may swap out. It so so hard to know what they are like with out them running. Let me see what shipping is like from NM. Is that where you are at?

thanks. I maybe interested. I have a F engine. I maybe looking to replace it. I had spun a rod bearing. The cost of reaching the crank and the block might be cost prohibited but entertains the the idea if finding a half way decent F that I may swap out. It so so hard to know what they are like with out them running. Let me see what shipping is like from NM. Is that where you are at?

Yes I am in New Mexico. I have shipped through the Fastenal in Albuquerque with good results every time. I have found their rates to be better than the freight quotes I have gotten. The dimensions for shipping are 72 inches long by 31 inches wide by 36 inches Tall. I would guess it weighs about 800lbs

I have a trip planned to fastenal next week. I would love to send this to a new home while I am there. Make me an offer if you are interested.

Bump

$300, if I can get shipped out Thursday.

I will keep you posted. I was able to find an engine closer to home. It is at the engine shop now getting inspected. if something fails I will let you know if I'm am interested in pursuing shipping. I wish I could drive out to pick it up. I would love to see NM.

thanks

I don’t think there was an oil filler tube on an F155 engine. Perhaps it’s just a F155 decal on a F145 engine. Just a curiosity.

I don’t think there was an oil filler tube on an F155 engine. Perhaps it’s just a F155 decal on a F145 engine. Just a curiosity.
I have no idea. I was completely going off the decal. I don't know what year LC this engine came out of but would guess late 60s to early 70s based off the column shift transmission and tcase.

Is there a a way to determine which engine it is with out tearing it a part?

I have no idea. I was completely going off the decal. I don't know what year LC this engine came out of but would guess late 60s to early 70s based off the column shift transmission and tcase.

SOR has some engine serial number info on their website.

Okay I have to ask where in New Mexico? If I was Standing on the Corner in Winslow Arizona how far away would I be?

It is located in Jemez Springs NM. Google says just a little over 5 hours drive one way.

I always thought the same think until the F155 showed up on a number of F engines with the oil fill tube. It has the narrow intake manifold which I think changed 3/69. Maybe that was the change from F145 to F155.

If you look at the picture of right side of the engine transmission transfer case you see a flat spot on the transfer a little in front of the brake drum. Probably stamped with a date code in that spot.

I always thought the same think until the F155 showed up on a number of F engines with the oil fill tube. It has the narrow intake manifold which I think changed 3/69. Maybe that was the change from F145 to F155.

If you look at the picture of right side of the engine transmission transfer case you see a flat spot on the transfer a little in front of the brake drum. Probably stamped with a date code in that spot.

That spot on the tcase is covered with some pretty hard road grime. It will need a good soaking to get it off.

Here is a picture of the engine block number. I have not tried to compare it to the number SOR has.

20190619_221400.jpg

Using Spector's F engine block guide. It would appear this engine was manufactured after September of 70 but before February of 71.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom