2024 GX/Prado Release and Discussion (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally disagree. I don't like how the Lexus looks or the image it projects although it's as close as you can get mechanically. Sequoia, Tundra is nothing like a Land Cruiser apart from the old V8 engine. I have a 4R and it's also nothing like the LC--half the car for half the price.

I don't know how much you know of what you speak, but Tundra and LC are damn near the same truck up until this year, when they kinda become even more of the same truck. Theres a lot of this LC is "special special" not a normal Toyota, along with Toyota is the best, somehow not seeing the irony of things here on MUD.

The components in the Tundra are by no means inferior, just a bit different for different purposes.
Now why they removed the trans cooler, idk. But theres no special sauce they put into the LC, i mean the entire drivetrain is literally the same.
We just have full time 4WD (diff t-case, diff gearing, and different suspension setups.

Tundra brakes and suspension components are an upgrade a lot of member run on the LC.
Thats not like an entirely different animal, its just not built in Japan. So that may make some difference.

There are several million mile tundras out there though. I have yet to see a million mile LC.

There are several million mile tundras out there though. I have yet to see a million mile LC.
You‘re not looking hard enough. LC‘s are rare birds here in the USA. Many tundras are bought as work trucks and are driven into the ground. The average land cruiser owner is not going to drive the truck to a million miles.
Look in AUS/ Middle East for land cruiser work rigs with high mileage.

To original question that started this thread. I can’t imagine Toyota bringing
the 300 series back in its current form for 2024 as much as I’d like GR sport spec truck.

Last edited:
Exactly. Think of the LX600 as your girlfriend in high heels, make-up, fancy hairdo and a ball room gown.
Think of the LC as the exact same girl friend with shorts, tennis shoes, a day pack and a baseball cap.

Same girl friend but dressed differently.

It may have the same mechanical underpinnings, but on a subjective basis, the Land Cruiser reigns supreme for the looks and heritage name plate. When people describe an LX as basically “it’s a luxury Land Cruiser”, it goes to show why people make that connection in the first place. More people have an issue with the contentious front grill of the LX vs. the classic front end of a cruiser. Plus the LX does not carry a stealth wealth vibe whereas a Land Cruiser does.

The Land Cruiser simply has a different vibe which the LX cannot provide.

Last edited:
Totally disagree. I don't like how the Lexus looks or the image it projects although it's as close as you can get mechanically. Sequoia, Tundra is nothing like a Land Cruiser apart from the old V8 engine. I have a 4R and it's also nothing like the LC--half the car for half the price.
Sequoia and Tundra ride on the same TNGA platform as the 300, utilizing the exact same suspension, axles, and probably even the same bolts. The overbuiltness of the Land Cruiser has been applied to everything riding on the TNGA-F platform

I don't know how much you know of what you speak, but Tundra and LC are damn near the same truck up until this year, when they kinda become even more of the same truck. Theres a lot of this LC is "special special" not a normal Toyota, along with Toyota is the best, somehow not seeing the irony of things here on MUD.

The components in the Tundra are by no means inferior, just a bit different for different purposes.
Now why they removed the trans cooler, idk. But theres no special sauce they put into the LC, i mean the entire drivetrain is literally the same.
We just have full time 4WD (diff t-case, diff gearing, and different suspension setups.

Tundra brakes and suspension components are an upgrade a lot of member run on the LC.
Thats not like an entirely different animal, its just not built in Japan. So that may make some difference.

Not quite the same like you stated. Like ur mentioned examples states tundra and sequoia inferior. There is more to it

Not quite the same like you stated. Like ur mentioned examples states tundra and sequoia inferior. There is more to it

I mean yes, the LC is Toyotas “best” vehicle. Now Lexus…. Maybe? If you don’t count the LFA, LC 500, LS etc etc.

As far as Tundra being inferior, like i said its just a manufacturing plant thing with fit and finish and a few parts here and there in suspensions, some stuff with paint and glass and thats about it.

Everything else is koolaid, which i dont drink.

@Phalen302 i think you have a fantastic vehicle, my favorite model family and probably my favorite truck ever. But its never departed more from the LC, and if you think there is special magic in the dna, then i have a bridge to sell you. Its one of the best vehicles on the road, but this year, the LX cannot be called a stateside LC anymore, it just doesn’t serve that segment and demographic, yes its still very much similar and great, but its not an LC replacement in context of what this thread is about (sales, marketing, product portfolio).

It never was actually, for the dismal crowd who actually bought the LC in the USA. That crowd, which im talking about, will be in a trd tundra or sequoia. Not the LX.

Im not your enemy, I actually think were in the same bucket, as i dont think with your LX 600 purchased new, you ever would find the inferior LC to be compelling as a buyer, which, neither do i. Im here because

Range Rovers are unreliable.
Not because the LX is bulletproof, its far far from being that.

I mean yes, the LC is Toyotas “best” vehicle. Now Lexus…. Maybe? If you don’t count the LFA, LC 500, LS etc etc.

As far as Tundra being inferior, like i said its just a manufacturing plant thing with fit and finish and a few parts here and there in suspensions, some stuff with paint and glass and thats about it.

@Phalen302 i think you have a fantastic vehicle, my favorite model family and probably my favorite truck ever. But its never departed more from the LC, and if you think there is special magic in the dna, then i have a bridge to sell you. Its one of the best vehicles on the road, but this year, the LX cannot be called a stateside LC anymore, it just doesn’t serve that segment and demographic, yes its still very much similar and great, but its not an LC replacement in context of what this thread is about (sales, marketing, product portfolio).

It never was actually, for the dismal crowd who actually bought the LC in the USA. That crowd, which im talking about, will be in a trd tundra or sequoia. Not the LX.

Im not your enemy, I actually think were in the same bucket, as i dont think with your LX 600 purchased new, you ever would find the inferior LC to be compelling as a buyer, which, neither do i. Im here because

You chose an EXCELLENT COLOR as well. Probably the best if i really had to choose.

Lol.
I picked up a sequoia today for my family hauling, and IT IS NOT anywhere close to LX600 from drive, feel, interior, exterior POV. Don’t even try to compare the two. It is super nice for what it is.

2 cent from a real owner of both vehicles vs. reading the articles, theories. Pic below

0EA3237D-BFF0-45B1-A5B9-C9A71AF6468B.jpeg

Lol.
I picked up a sequoia today for my family hauling, and IT IS NOT anywhere close to LX600 from drive, feel, interior, exterior POV. Don’t even try to compare the two. It is super nice for what it is.

2 cent from a real owner of both vehicles vs. reading the articles, theories. Pic below

View attachment 3190166

Hey I'm not trying be rude but do you even read before you reply?

I will buy the GX550 as long as it’s approach angles aren’t garbage.

I will buy the Prado too.

I will not buy a 4-Runner Land Cruiser edition.

I will not buy a FJ Cruiser redo. Though I’d appreciate T making one to compete with the Bronco and Wrangler. I don’t want that vehicle. It’s too rough for comfortable daily driving.

Agree. The two trucks share some parts numbers that’s about it. No comparison in fit and finish. Congrats on the purchase

Agree. The two trucks share some parts numbers that’s about it. No comparison in fit and finish. Congrats on the purchase

Way way more than just some part numbers.
Fit and finish, assembly and materials yes, no one is comparing sequoia to the 600 in those terms. Theres overlap in that comparison between LX and LC as well though…
The LX gets several upgrades to fit and finish and materials over the LC. There have been big breakdowns posted by some on the 200 forum. Things down to glass, seals, sound deadening, wood, leather etc.

Here is what San Antonio is producing though, doesnt look good, specially if CCN is raising issue.

Theres a lot more nuance to this conversation that is looked over skipped over in favor of more emotional responses.

I can tell you from ordering a LC300 roof rack kit from AUS. The LX600 has a different roof mounting points and this is the first time in the LX/LC models.

So I would say there are more differences than we can even imagine at this point in time.

It was too far off to even modify the mounts to make it work.

Also a strong point for the GX550 is that I will more than likely have more rear seat room than LX600 which is smaller than LX570.

The GX will open more buyer getting rid of that swinging rear door.

I can tell you from ordering a LC300 roof rack kit from AUS. The LX600 has a different roof mounting points and this is the first time in the LX/LC models.

So I would say there are more differences than we can even imagine at this point in time.
Does it fit the Sequoa? There are obvious differences in the two but if it fit that would be good for you!
The GX will open more buyer getting rid of that swinging rear door.
With this tough LC crowd, it will no doubt have a tailgate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom