2024 GX/Prado Release and Discussion (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is definitely what it is. I mentioned it earlier in this thread. We aint getting a 300 Series LC. We are getting a small electric 4 door crossover with a fixed roof and "Cruiser" in the name.

So basically Toyota's answer to the "Baby Bronco" which is an abomination. Sad stuff.

Here’s to hoping Lexus nails the GX550

Literally all the chips are stacked on this at this point. But why 550?
Wouldn’t be a 500?

I bought a 2021 Z71 Tahoe ONLY b/c there was no more land cruiser and the prices surged for PO ones. Once a Prado or 300 equivalent is announced I will gladly put down a deposit.

IF the new GX comes out with less bumper overhang and just a smidge of off-road"ness" I would probably consider it.

but I really don't want the Lexus badge. I don't like the image of it. I want a Toyota logo darnit!

I bought a 2021 Z71 Tahoe ONLY b/c there was no more land cruiser and the prices surged for PO ones. Once a Prado or 300 equivalent is announced I will gladly put down a deposit.

IF the new GX comes out with less bumper overhang and just a smidge of off-road"ness" I would probably consider it.

but I really don't want the Lexus badge. I don't like the image of it. I want a Toyota logo darnit!
I don’t own a Lexus but the only image i get when I see one is…reliable, quality and smart money. What I mean by smart money, is that many people with newer wealth tend to buy German brands or something like an Escalade instead of buying a brand that they plan on keeping for many years. Lexus is a much more conservative brand and doesn’t carry the ”I am rich, look at me” stigma. If the Lexus LX label imagery you’re thinking of is more “old person” owner, well you’re closer to being correct. :santa: Most Lx’s owners around here are gray hair owners.:steer: The younger gen. want all the latest fancy gadgets not found in Lexus or Toyota

I don’t own a Lexus but the only image i get when I see one is…reliable, quality and smart money. What I mean by smart money, is that many people with newer wealth tend to buy German brands or something like an Escalade instead of buying a brand that they plan on keeping for many years. Lexus is a much more conservative brand and doesn’t carry the ”I am rich, look at me” stigma. If the Lexus LX label imagery you’re thinking of is more “old person” owner, well you’re closer to being correct. :santa: Most Lx’s owners around here are gray hair owners.:steer: The younger gen. want all the latest fancy gadgets not found in Lexus or Toyota
You are not wrong in what you wrote.

For me the current GX and LX just have a bit of gaudiness to them and it’s primarily from the grills I think. Way too much bumper overhang also. I like everything else about them.

The 2013 GX and the 100series LXs were fantastic IMO.

You are not wrong in what you wrote.

For me the current GX and LX just have a bit of gaudiness to them and it’s primarily from the grills I think. Way too much bumper overhang also. I like everything else about them.

Totally agreed on the front grills. I see positive comments about their current grill designs (across the entire product line) in reviews, but personally I think they blew it on their current grill design. It's just way too much and really isn't even a clever design. If I bought a current LX or GX, I would definitely want to do something about that. Otherwise, I agree with what @1Maverick wrote - Lexus doesn't really have the snob factor associated with it that Mercedes and other brands can have.

I LOVED my G-wagons when I owned them, but the snob factor was something I was always a bit "concerned" about even though quite a few people would give a thumbs up or make positive comments. I ran into one case where I overheard an older woman telling her husband that it was too gaudy (or something along those lines) while I was walking back to the car. The embarrassment on her face when she realized that it was my car (she knew I had heard what she said) was priceless LOL. I honestly didn't care what she thought as I was happy with it and could see how some people would think it's "too much" or whatever. People are entitled to their opinions, that's why we have some many choices available.

Last edited:
There’s always this monstrosity to consider.

The T family is all over the place right now, and the Lexus customer base is ageing quickly. They really are stretching here on this “urban” concept though.
ew

Nothing a cutting wheel and/or some aftermarket stuff couldn't fix.

Totally agreed on the front grills. I see positive comments about their current grill designs (across the entire product line) in reviews, but personally I think they blew it on their current grill design. It's just way too much and really isn't even a clever design
Lexus lost their mind-
But Toyota totally nailed it with the LC300 GR. I think its the best looking truck face I’ve ever seen in my life.
5BD5FCFB-AAEA-4D73-A5DA-C96E03DD95A8.jpeg

Lexus lost their mind-
But Toyota totally nailed it with the LC300 GR. I think its the best looking truck face I’ve ever seen in my life.
That is pretty nice. I really prefer the "TOYOTA" lettering on the grill rather than the logo like we have on our LC200's.

Well, the context of the discussion has been about the front bumpers/grills, not about the rear...

DF855A16-3F88-429E-B01C-1F806C301425.jpeg

The Rear : “ Am I a joke to you?”

If only there were a recipe of how to make a feature-rich rugged off-road vehicle that can sell 200,000 units per year...

(Wrangler).
Really though why is it that no one else makes a product similar to jeeps in the USA?

the US will never see a 70 series or any other dual solid axle truck… it just doesn’t make any sense to sell it here. The reason those trucks are sold in Australia is simple… Australia has much more challenging terrain than the US. Well, except for the equally challenging terrain in the rural areas of almost all states, and the more challenging terrain in states like Alaska, Wyoming, North and South Dakota, California, Washington, Oregon… okay, so that point may be wrong. The number of people who need it, that’s the point I meant to make! As everyone knows, almost everyone in Australia is basically Crocodile Dundee, and… oh wait. My wife, who is Australian, is telling me most people live in cities, and dedicated off-roaders are really only needed in the Northern Territories, and like sixteen people live there. But that number still dwarfs the number of Americans who live in rural areas and routinely navigate challenging terrain… let me just check the census here to be sure… one minute… okay, so maybe “dwarfs” is an overstatement, it’s something like seventy million, but don’t let raw numbers fool you, those sixteen Australians in the NT buy an absolute s***-ton of trucks. The market there is easily larger than what Toyota could ever hope to sell in the US, as long as each of those Australians buys, um, let’s see… four million, three hundred and seventy-five thousand trucks. Each. Which they definitely do, otherwise Toyota obviously wouldn’t focus on that market for their serious off-road stuff while ignoring the US. I mean, they aren’t stupid, right? It just makes sense. Why would they risk introducing the 70 here just so they could reap the same dismal numbers Ford is doing with the Bronco? Or Land Rover with the new Defender? Clearly, Americans are uninterested in off-road vehicles, and Toyota is wise to steer clear of the market. I think what everybody wants is at least three more years of the current model 4Runner and no more LCS, please! Certainly not the 70.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom