2024 GX/Prado Release and Discussion (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
I’d usually disregard this but he seemed “sure” based on the backlash. Would be sweet if true. Edit - looks like the video was taken private. Not sure on the exact wording but the Toyota salesmen said something like "the Land Cruiser is definitely coming back in 2024".

Last edited:
I’d usually disregard this but he seemed “sure” based on the backlash. Would be sweet if true.

I’m curious how they could offer a 300 in the U.S while people are on a 4yr. waitlist currently. Cool, so they offer it here in the U.S and you get it 4-5yrs later. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah. My buddy in Toyota texted me the other day. I think some sort of memo was passed around to the dealers’ higher ups.

24 or 26. They still working on it.

This was the buddy that told me about LC withdrawal months before it happened the first time. So He’s a good source.

I would assume a lot of the investment in crash safety and emissions testing and such has been accomplished already with the LX600.

That said, how long before people start demanding the diesel with a solid front axle and manual windows?

So, what trim level would Toyota bring over?

Fully loaded like the outgoing model that Toyota knows doesn’t sell the way they want it to.

Or, a lower trim model that will cannibalize the sales of all their other SUV’s.

Watched the video. His info on the tundra and sequoia is old news. I find the land cruiser info a bit skeptical because Toyota is still struggling in the parts supply chain. It doesn’t make any sense for them to bring the land cruiser 300 back so I suspect he is talking about the Prado.

Interesting. Wait times for the 300 internationally are 18-24 months. Here in OZ 300s with a list price of AUD100k are reselling for ~AUD150k. I'd be curious to know how Mr T is going to not only catch up on pending orders, but also satisfy whatever demand the US generates by 24-26.

I find this difficult to believe.. especially with the direction they took the new Sequoia for the NA market and pricing positioning of nearly $80k for a loaded TRD Pro. Combined with the supply chain issues and international wait lists for 300 series, it just wouldn't make much economic sense. I would love to be proven wrong, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon, not until mid-cycle refresh at the earliest..

I find this difficult to believe.. especially with the direction they took the new Sequoia for the NA market and pricing positioning of nearly $80k for a loaded TRD Pro. Combined with the supply chain issues and international wait lists for 300 series, it just wouldn't make much economic sense. I would love to be proven wrong, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon, not until mid-cycle refresh at the earliest..

Many (including myself) have predicted that it would be back after a few years…and I still believe that.

Folks with *significant* access to information have dropped similar hints for quite some time now.

Makes sense to me that they may have wanted to establish the vehicle in its key markets, and THEN deal with the *highly problematic* EPA (and other) requirements in the US market.

It really serves no purpose to extinguish their most famous model name…especially when the separation from the Sequoia/Tundra is ready to shrink anyway.

Many (including myself) have predicted that it would be back after a few years…and I still believe that.

Folks with *significant* access to information have dropped similar hints for quite some time now.

Makes sense to me that they may have wanted to establish the vehicle in its key markets, and THEN deal with the *highly problematic* EPA (and other) requirements in the US market.

It really serves no purpose to extinguish their most famous model name…especially when the separation from the Sequoia/Tundra is ready to shrink anyway.

Folks were also saying the Supra would be back to US since 1998 and it just got back in 2020, if it could even be called that. It didn't make much sense to extinguish the Supra name either, but alas...

I just don't see it happening in a few years. But hey, I'll check back on this thread in 2 years and would love to be proven wrong. Will believe it when I see it.

With what they've done to change the Sequoia with solid rear axle, adjusting the dimensions to where they're almost identical, ~5cm bigger on Sequoia, but I think much of that could be attributed to US specs and body cladding; I simply find it hard to believe that they would import an almost identical vehicle from overseas when they're producing one right here on shore (Texas) where they can save the import costs. The Sequoia is already slated to have the same twin-turbo V6 as the LX, whereas the LC has the V6 twin-turbo diesel.

Sequoia pricing brings it more in line with the domestic competition (Yukon/Tahoe/Expadition/Navigator). Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Sequoia and TLC are equals, but people on this forum are in the minority of the potential customer base.

Similar logic applies to the 200 series LX vs LC. Not equals, but not that different - except sales and import numbers for the LX far exceeded LC's, which is also part of the difference in the pricing of pre-owned. Supply/demand.

With what they've done to change the Sequoia with solid rear axle, adjusting the dimensions to where they're almost identical, ~5cm bigger on Sequoia, but I think much of that could be attributed to US specs and body cladding; I simply find it hard to believe that they would import an almost identical vehicle from overseas when they're producing one right here on shore (Texas) where they can save the import costs. The Sequoia is already slated to have the same twin-turbo V6 as the LX, whereas the LC has the V6 twin-turbo diesel.

Sequoia pricing brings it more in line with the domestic competition (Yukon/Tahoe/Expadition/Navigator). Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Sequoia and TLC are equals, but people on this forum are in the minority of the potential customer base.

Similar logic applies to the 200 series LX vs LC. Not equals, but not that different - except sales and import numbers for the LX far exceeded LC's, which is also part of the difference in the pricing of pre-owned. Supply/demand.

No such thing as the “legendary Sequoia” though. Could be the Land Cruiser simply takes over and Sequoia goes away… Who knows… Nothing’s real until it’s real… 🤷🏻‍♂️

No such thing as the “legendary Sequoia” though. Could be the Land Cruiser simply takes over and Sequoia goes away… Who knows… Nothing’s real until it’s real… 🤷🏻‍♂️
Like I said, not equals, but getting closer. I had thought long and hard about getting a new Sequoia, but with the constant delays, and even a visit to the State Fair of Texas today when the spokes person said they'll be in dealerships in 1 month - despite having the vehicles locked and labeled as "prototypes", I'm happy I added an '09 LX w/ 80k to the stable on Friday.

I am in the camp of "I'll believe it when I see it." I hope to be proven wrong.

Yeah, but isn’t the wheelbase on the SQ like three feet longer?

Regarding LC vs LX sales in the USA, I have always wondered how much of that was forced by supply (if they only bring in 2000 LC's, they can't expect to sell 5000 of them), how much of that was forced by the trim level of the LC (a lower trim level might do better at Toyota dealers, even if it would compete more directly with other models), and how much was customer preference (do the majority of USA buyers prefer the prestige of the Lexus badge or are they simply going with what is on the dealer lots that they can actually buy?).

Well, My vote is for the 70 series to carry on the Land Cruiser name in the US as it will be getting the TNGF frame, and could take the V6 petrol engine. So crash testing should be straight forward as well as emissions..

And we really need a solid axle choice in the US, Right now we have Jeep, and thats it. The Ineos is coming but will be a niche player.
A 70 series priced at $55-60K would be great,
Please Mr. Toyota........ Pretty Please..

Failing that... A 300 series in GX spec or GR Sport would be ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom