2024 GX/Prado Release and Discussion (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The C63 AMG was a sweet little coupe.

The C63 AMG was a sweet little coupe.

507 or Black Series, i wouldn't complain either like I do now with the LX. Its like a really hot woman, pick your battles haha.

Chatted with a BC based dealer yesterday while picking up a Prius. They said that the LC was coming in 2024 to both US and Canada. Likely the Trail Hunter editions too.

Here’s what I’m told. LC coming 2024 but it’s going to be a smaller platform not the global LC300. So LX remains the option for full size. Sequoia remains the top trim from Toyota. This leads me to believe it will share underpinnings with what’s rumored about the GX reboot (smaller G wagon type competitor) focused on off-road with a boxy appearance.

This will be great for some as they’ve been clamoring for a LC with less fluff. My question is will they build it in Japan? How much will it cost? Powertrain?

Here’s what I’m told. LC coming 2024 but it’s going to be a smaller platform not the global LC300. So LX remains the option for full size. Sequoia remains the top trim from Toyota. This leads me to believe it will share underpinnings with what’s rumored about the GX reboot (smaller G wagon type competitor) focused on off-road with a boxy appearance.

This will be great for some as they’ve been clamoring for a LC with less fluff. My question is will they build it in Japan? How much will it cost? Powertrain?

Interesting. The rep kept saying that it would be FJ-esque with the white colored roof. Obviously the Canadians are excited at the opportunity of an LC as they’ve been deprived of one since 1996.

Interesting. The rep kept saying that it would be FJ-esque with the white colored roof. Obviously the Canadians are excited at the opportunity of an LC as they’ve been deprived of one since 1996.
My guy described it as a bronco competitor…where the heck does that leave the 4R? I’m confused. Maybe the 4R is getting neutered? That would be crazy as it has such a loyal fan base.

I'll believe it when I see it. I don't foresee them dropping the 4Runner name plate but who knows. I hope that I am wrong but I am going to come out say that this is highly unlikely.

They should “bring it back” like they did 86 and the Supra. 🤣

C4F364FA-99F1-41DD-9D4D-5241D330CB4E.jpeg

I'll believe it when I see it. I don't foresee them dropping the 4Runner name plate but who knows. I hope that I am wrong but I am going to come out say that this is highly unlikely.
Yes I do not believe they would ever drop the 4R so I would hazard that gets a smaller engine and operates in the sub 60k segment while the LC would have a higher price point? Idk

He said he has seen it with his own eyes and I have no reason to doubt him. I have bought several trucks from the guy and he himself is a LC guy. I only poked him because I came across this thread and he confirmed. I do know Toyota does seem to sneak peak a lot of stuff to their dealer network based off my prior experience.

I already have a deposit down at my local dealer for the next Land Cruiser, whether it's a 300 or a Prado (I have heard both and don't know which is true). I am #4 on the list though, which is cool.

If a Kia Soul had sex with a FJ Cruiser and created a child....it would be that Compact Cruiser.

Actually I don't think the concept itself is a bad idea for the North American market but I can't get over how abhorrent it is to put the cruiser name on it. Call it something else and don't make it try to be a cruiser in any way, shape or form.

If a Kia Soul had sex with a FJ Cruiser and created a child....it would be that Compact Cruiser.

I don't think the concept itself is a bad idea for the North American market but I can't get over how abhorrent it is to put the cruiser name on it. Call it something else.

"Bronco sport killer" LOLOLOL

Toyota has been 180ing on their 180s lately.
I dont know whats happening at the top but they are having a major identity crisis.

I would actually be perfectly happy if they brought out a modern FJ-40 equivalent that was true to the original look, just as the new G-wagon looks nearly identical to the original. Even though the FJ Cruiser was/is a very capable vehicle and has a strong following, I always felt they missed a real opportunity there. I'll just have to wait and see what they come up with, but my 2020 will keep me perfectly happy for quite a while yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom