2024 GX/Prado Release and Discussion (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I have little hope that the new Land Cruiser will be anything more than a Land Cruiser badge slapped on a disappointment.

My wife says I'm a pessimist. I say I'm a realist! :meh: ;)

The Land Cruiser has been a disappointment since the FJ40 went away, though the FZJ-80 was a reasonable compromise.

I had such high hopes for the FJ Cruiser, despite its PRADO underpinnings.
I can't afford an FJ Company GRJ-40/3 but feel that's what the FJ Cruiser should have been.
If Toyota were to sell a GRJ-43 like what FJ Company is making, new for 10% more than an equivalently equipped Wrangler Unlimited? I'd buy one for full MSRP.

The Land Cruiser has been a disappointment since the FJ40 went away, though the FZJ-80 was a reasonable compromise.

I had such high hopes for the FJ Cruiser, despite its PRADO underpinnings.
I can't afford an FJ Company GRJ-40/3 but feel that's what the FJ Cruiser should have been.
If Toyota were to sell a GRJ-43 like what FJ Company is making, new for 10% more than an equivalently equipped Wrangler Unlimited? I'd buy one for full MSRP.
Not sure about your first statement without serious qualifications on use cases. The 40 is a great vehicle for a very limited set of uses. But paint the later LCs as a disappointment?

Not sure about your first statement without serious qualifications on use cases. The 40 is a great vehicle for a very limited set of uses. But paint the later LCs as a disappointment?
Yeah, why even bother with this forum if the newer LCs are such a huge disappointment? IMHO, there's a market for both a 40 series reincarnation (compete with the Wrangler / Bronco) as well as a larger variant, whether it be the Prado or 300 series. Despite what some are saying, I simply don't agree that bringing in the Prado instead of the 300 series would be such a bad thing, as long as the engine they go with has enough power to work well at highway speeds.

Why all this discussion which model etc. when what would make sense is they bring the 300 series as is to US, once they complete the paperwork/testing and maybe can produce them in higher numbers.

Why all this discussion which model etc. when what would make sense is they bring the 300 series as is to US, once they complete the paperwork/testing and maybe can produce them in higher numbers.
Because the one consistent piece of information seems to be that they won't be bringing the 300 series into the US.

Because the one consistent piece of information seems to be that they won't be bringing the 300 series into the US.
So that is why they say they may bring the Land Cruiser to the US, yet it is a Prado or other model, really...

Have a 300 series (with Lexus bumper) and 200 series sitting on my driveway. Not sure what everyone in talking about 😉

9E01C255-07C1-428E-9DE7-D0EDFB64F56C.jpeg

And by the by, I was hoping to purchase a new 200 series Land Cruiser, it by the time I got around to having enough money for it, everyone wanted $130,000 for a used <10,000 mile LC300. Very happy to have gotten into my LX600 for $40,000 less.

And by the by, I was hoping to purchase a new 200 series Land Cruiser, it by the time I got around to having enough money for it, everyone wanted $130,000 for a used <10,000 mile LC300. Very happy to have gotten into my LX600 for $40,000 less.
LC200*

My dealer in Walnut Creek SWEARS he went to a workshop telling them to get ready for the 300.

Assume that Toyota stays true to the plan and all BOF models share a platform going forward. It may not really be a choice between LC300 or Prado platform anymore. They'll be the same thing scaled up or down a bit.

What it can't be is an lc300 unless something changed very recently. Because the GX version that is the same vehicle would just be the LX. It could very well be lc300 underneath with lc70 style sheet metal. But then why keep the LX600 if the GX is more off-road centric and the TX is better on-road and a true 3 row? There's just nothing that fits on the Toyota side between the 4runner and Sequoia that's also works on the Lexus side.

I have no basis for the validity of this, but it's worth tossing in here because it shows the GX release in Dec of 2023. Not sure when the reveal is. But it seems to match up with what I've been hearing about the LC/GX550.

403194d1677879416-best-speculation-2023-6th-generation-i-have-seen-rbehua526gla1-jpg

(LC is Lexus LC, not Toyota LC)

Unfortunately the T24A still seems to be the only powertrain being discussed for the Toyota version and the V35A is the Lexus version. I was going to say questionable, but let's just say it's a complete s*** decision by Toyota if that's the case. The new LC is destined as an afterthought before it ever has a chance to succeed by sandbagging the engine. I still hope that's wrong. It needs a decent engine. Apparently still uncertain and probably less than 50/50 chance, but possible the next 4Runner will get a V35A option.

Following this discussion is exacly like watching a Crap game...

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I have little hope that the new Land Cruiser will be anything more than a Land Cruiser badge slapped on a disappointment.

My wife says I'm a pessimist. I say I'm a realist! :meh: ;)
Exactly. I came to the same conclusion before the 300 was unveiled, and I was right. I just have no interest, much less the LX600. Now we are hearing about some sort of GX250 with a V6 that probably looks like an Aztek? Yeah, no thanks. But Im just an 80 year old trapped in a 40 year old body.

I have no basis for the validity of this, but it's worth tossing in here because it shows the GX release in Dec of 2023. Not sure when the reveal is. But it seems to match up with what I've been hearing about the LC/GX550.

403194d1677879416-best-speculation-2023-6th-generation-i-have-seen-rbehua526gla1-jpg

(LC is Lexus LC, not Toyota LC)

Unfortunately the T24A still seems to be the only powertrain being discussed for the Toyota version and the V35A is the Lexus version. I was going to say questionable, but let's just say it's a complete s*** decision by Toyota if that's the case. The new LC is destined as an afterthought before it ever has a chance to succeed by sandbagging the engine. I still hope that's wrong. It needs a decent engine. Apparently still uncertain and probably less than 50/50 chance, but possible the next 4Runner will get a V35A option.

Hmmm

Built on the same line.

Pair the lower performance engine to the vehicle with factory off road options

Pair the higher performance engine to the vehicle with no factory off road options.

Seems like a very toyota move.

Hmmm

Built on the same line.

Pair the lower performance engine to the vehicle with factory off road options

Pair the higher performance engine to the vehicle with no factory off road options.

Seems like a very toyota move.
Very much this! haha.

This is likely the last model run of GX and LX Toyota will sell in North America. It claims to be going full BEV on the Lexus side by 2030. Given the current 45 year update cycle, this is it. End of the road. So why not go out with a bang instead of a whimper?

Very much this! haha.

This is likely the last model run of GX and LX Toyota will sell in North America. It claims to be going full BEV on the Lexus side by 2030. Given the current 45 year update cycle, this is it. End of the road. So why not go out with a bang instead of a whimper?
There are a lot of assumptions in there. Why do you think Toyota would not build an EV LX or GX 15 years from now? End of the road? And I am sure Chevy, Ford, and Ram will stop building light duty pickups when everything moves into EV. oh wait….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom