2024 GX/Prado Release and Discussion (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really messed up with Sequoia with that awful third row/rear storage situation.

to us enthusiasts maybe, but to the intended buyer it seems not a big deal based on very long backlog list. But also that could be due to very low supply

to us enthusiasts maybe, but to the intended buyer it seems not a big deal based on very long backlog list. But also that could be due to very low supply
Idk… I think anyone who needs to haul more than 4 passengers along with things like bags, dog food, or a couple strollers are also going to find themselves frustrated with the setup. Maybe not tho 🤷🏼‍♂️

Idk… I think anyone who needs to haul more than 4 passengers along with things like bags, dog food, or a couple strollers are also going to find themselves frustrated with the setup. Maybe not tho 🤷🏼‍♂️
After seeing the new Grand Highlander - many of those buyers are going to buy the Grand Highlander instead. And that's a big reason.

Lexus TX may challenge the convention at the Lexus dealerships too. "I want the big SUV" gets a different answer. If there's a new gx550 that is more off-road oriented with the same ttv6, the LX gets squeezed on both sides.

You all read too much click bait.

Word.

I didn't realize how much stuff out there in the media and forums is B.S. until I was reading a lot of stuff about the new Tundra and Sequoia before it was released. Just stop with the "I heard from my friend, dealer, crystal ball, etc". 9 times out of 10, those sources are probably not reliable. Those who are reliable sources are going to keep it close to their chest and not say much if any at all.

A Toyota dealer I spoke to just got back from a meeting at Toyota HQ in Tokyo Japan and he said that the next Land Cruiser for US market was revealed and it’s nothing like any previous land cruiser. He couldn’t give me any specifics and said the US launch date will be a few years away, but he said he’d take a non refundable deposit to put me on the waiting list.
So I wrote him a check for $1000 and now I’m the first one on the list. I’m so excited!!!

(geezus)

A non-rufundable deposit on a vehicle he says is a few years away? :eek:

A Toyota dealer I spoke to just got back from a meeting at Toyota HQ in Tokyo Japan and he said that the next Land Cruiser for US market was revealed and it’s nothing like any previous land cruiser. He couldn’t give me any specifics and said the US launch date will be a few years away, but he said he’d take a non refundable deposit to put me on the waiting list.
So I wrote him a check for $1000 and now I’m the first one on the list. I’m so excited!!!

(geezus)

Dont tell lies. Everyone knows only i have the facts.

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 7.13.33 PM.png

Accept it or not. My preorder is secured.

Just kidding guys. I’m just making fun of the whole situation.
(that story I posted above is just nonsense- I made it up….)
You even had me, until "non refundable deposit"
Excuse me while I try to spit the hook out.
Insert major dope slap emoji here

Last edited:
Just kidding guys. I’m just making fun of the whole situation.
(that story I posted above is just nonsense- I made it up….)

You even had me, until "non refundable deposit"
Excuse me while I try to spit the hook out.
Insert major dope slap emoji here

Almost had me too but a dealer going to “Toyota HQ in Tokyo”? :rofl:

More click bait probably. But another site claims the lc300 at the car show was owned and imported by Ford to benchmark for a new off-road trim expedition or ??. The explanation makes more sense than Toyota bringing a used one on a car hauler.

More click bait probably. But another site claims the lc300 at the car show was owned and imported by Ford to benchmark for a new off-road trim expedition or ??. The explanation makes more sense than Toyota bringing a used one on a car hauler.
Would that allow them to register/tag it legally if it’s just a manufacturer’s test mule?

Would that allow them to register/tag it legally if it’s just a manufacturer’s test mule?
I have no idea about how Michigan does that stuff. My guess is that if you're Ford in Michigan - you can basically do whatever you want and the state will look the other way. A quick google search comes back with some info that Michigan has "special plates" that manufacturers can have for vehicles for testing. So I'd guess that they can import anything they want within reason and get plates for test driving and transporting them.

I'm not sure why Ford would be benchmarking an LC300 for a Expedition trim. The various Raptor models already exist in the North America market, so an Expedition Raptor would just be grabbing the F150 parts bin and putting it on an Expedition. And the LC300 isn't even offered as a competitor. Seems a lot easier to pickup a sequoia locally. Maybe Ford is looking at a ME/Asia product to compete with the LC300?

Or - just for fun speculation, Ford was trolling Toyota by driving around a LC300 and getting a bunch of press and then making Toyota go on the defensive about why Toyota's not offering it in the USA. Turns anything Toyota reveals at the show into a bit of a let down. It would be pretty funny. Especially if Ford had driven it to the show and just parked it out in the lot somewhere with no explanation.

Last edited:
It was never at the car show. Anyone see it at a car show?

It was never at the car show. Anyone see it at a car show?
I don't think so. My comment was factually wrong. I wasn't really thinking about the wording of it being at the car show, but obviously as I read it - it was just wrongly described. I think it just happened to be on a transport trailer in Indiana wearing Michigan plates at about the same time as the car show. Once the rumor mill starts - next thing you know it's being discussed in Congress and blown up by an F22 off the coast of Carolina.

If they're bringing a wrangler/bronco fighter they will not sell good with a 4 banger hybrid. What ever competition to them they think they might have will not be, only LC fan base would be thinking about buying them and even then would probably end up steering away. Hopefully its a 300 or similar to it and not some ba$t@rd fj cruiser.

If they're bringing a wrangler/bronco fighter they will not sell good with a 4 banger hybrid. What ever competition to them they think they might have will not be, only LC fan base would be thinking about buying them and even then would probably end up steering away. Hopefully its a 300 or similar to it and not some ba$t@rd fj cruiser.
Agreed! Toyota appears to be consolidating all the SUV models to 3 engines with and without hybrid options: 2.5L NA hybrid, T24A / T24A hybrid, and V35A / V35A hybrid. The NA 2.5/hybrid would be an absolute dog. T24A at 275hp/317tq is enough for maybe a base engine offering. That's similar to the base Bronco at 275/315. Add the hybrid max from Tundra/Sequoia and jump to about 320/420. Which is - on paper - pretty close to the Bronco's mid range engine 330/415. But the cargo volume is a problem. It's heavy. And unfortunately Toyota didn't see fit to do anything great with it - like inverter for your camp, EV drive mode for water fording, etc. Maybe we'll be surprised and the new CEO will say - "sure, go crazy, put a mid class competitive engine in a new model."

I went to the North Texas Auto Show today and there was no LC in sight. Got to see the new Grand Highlander on center stage surrounded by plenty of Sequoia's, Tundras, Tacomas, 4Runners, etc. On the Lexus side of things no sign or mention of a new GX either. They do have a Nori Green 460 alongside a LX600 F Sport.

Also went to the Autorama today and no surprise there but not a single Toyota in sight lol. Just lot's of New Balances and blue jeans...

I really hope it has a solid roof as an option if not standard. A soft top has such a limited use case in North America. Give me the LHD and NA market equivalent of a 79 series and I’ll write a check today.
I still have a challenge understanding Toyota’s US marketing team. If toyota Australia can sell a boatload of the new 70 Series in a tiny market like Australia i would think the US team could, with the right marketing, do at least as well in the US even with the Chicken Tax.

Just give us this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom