2024 GX/Prado Release and Discussion (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also heard this from a few good sources now as well. If it does happen we are planning on picking one up and doing a full build out!
Let’s hope Toyota can get ontop of the supply issues. I would assume they must have a plan with all the new models coming out in the coming years.

Well, My vote is for the 70 series to carry on the Land Cruiser name in the US as it will be getting the TNGF frame

Who said the 70 series is getting TNGA frame? I get that it happened for the 300 series but what could the 70 series possibly share a frame with, assuming the front is still solid front axle?

Well, My vote is for the 70 series to carry on the Land Cruiser name in the US as it will be getting the TNGF frame, and could take the V6 petrol engine. So crash testing should be straight forward as well as emissions..

And we really need a solid axle choice in the US, Right now we have Jeep, and thats it. The Ineos is coming but will be a niche player.
A 70 series priced at $55-60K would be great,
Please Mr. Toyota........ Pretty Please..

Failing that... A 300 series in GX spec or GR Sport would be ok...

The 4Runner TRD Pro already occupies the $55-60k price point and has a V6, which is likely to turn into a forced induction four popper with gen six.

except sales and import numbers for the LX far exceeded LC's,

Data in this post:

Who said the 70 series is getting TNGA frame? I get that it happened for the 300 series but what could the 70 series possibly share a frame with, assuming the front is still solid front axle?
All of the Toyota trucks are getting this frame in one form or another (there are multiple versions of the architecture)...

The Hi-Lux and Tacoma are basically merging into a global platform on the TNGF.. The 70 will be the last one I assume since they stop gapped the crash worthiness issues they have in Australia by increasing GVM and thus the classification of the truck..but that can only last so long.

us getting a 70 series is a pipe dream... A nice one though.... we do need another Solid Axle truck in the USA.

All of the Toyota trucks are getting this frame in one form or another (there are multiple versions of the architecture)...

The Hi-Lux and Tacoma are basically merging into a global platform on the TNGF.. The 70 will be the last one I assume since they stop gapped the crash worthiness issues they have in Australia by increasing GVM and thus the classification of the truck..but that can only last so long.

us getting a 70 series is a pipe dream... A nice one though.... we do need another Solid Axle truck in the USA.

Buy one.

The basic recipe hasn't changed much in 39 years.

I understand that but the 70 series is in a class of its own because it doesn't really share much with other models. As far I know, it is the ONLY solid front axle vehicle that Toyota produces today. I can't really see Toyota using the TNGA frame from Tundra/Sequoia/300/Tacoma if the 70 series is to remain solid front axle but that would be nice.

I guess I am just asking for documentation that this is really happening for the 70 series in particular or if it is hearsay.

I have nothing certain, but you have looming Euro 6 emissions which will require a change from the 4.5 V8 as well as they have to keep the crash rating for fleet customers which bit most of the 70 series production.

It maybe crystal ball stuff at this point.... but everything is going to TNGA-F in the truck department, I'm sure a version (FS /) could be abdapted to solid front axle.

I have nothing certain, but you have looming Euro 6 emissions which will require a change from the 4.5 V8 as well as they have to keep the crash rating for fleet customers which bit most of the 70 series production.

It maybe crystal ball stuff at this point.... but everything is going to TNGA-F in the truck department, I'm sure a version (FS /) could be abdapted to solid front axle.

I think the 70 series will continue to sell to Gibraltar and Middle East for many years to come without being affected by TNGA changes. I can see it going away completely in Australia though.

I'm gonna guess it will be the GR Sport rebadged as the TRD
and the "Sahara" model as the standard top of the line model.

I am gonna guess like most products there is it a gluttony of some parts but production is bottlenecked by a few components like chips.

Once the flow gets back to normal there will be excess stock of everything so they will need to unload the surplus.

All I know is that I bought my 2018 with the thought that it would go 25 years in the worse envirnments in the world with little more than an oil change.

Comparatively speaking, I baby mine as a DD and periodic camping/hunting/fishing rig. I won't be worried about the 300 series.

I am, however, eyeing the 600 or maybe the 700 series, which should make it back to our shores just in time for my 200 to be showing some age. God I just hope it doesn't come only in EV mode, I would hate to have to read that thread again!

All I know is that I bought my 2018 with the thought that it would go 25 years in the worse envirnments in the world with little more than an oil change.

Comparatively speaking, I baby mine as a DD and periodic camping/hunting/fishing rig. I won't be worried about the 300 series.

I am, however, eyeing the 600 or maybe the 700 series, which should make it back to our shores just in time for my 200 to be showing some age. God I just hope it doesn't come only in EV mode, I would hate to have to read that thread again!
By then, EV's will probably be a distant memory and we'll have some other new technology that has infrastructure or other issues to deal with. :)

I would be surprised if the 300 makes it back to the USA unless in bare bones version as to not compete with the LX600. The numbers just don’t make sense for Toyota. That being said , I’d love to see the GR Sport here in USA

By then, EV's will probably be a distant memory and we'll have some other new technology that has infrastructure or other issues to deal with. :)

Still keeping my fingers crossed for hydrogen cell (FCEV's) one day.

Last edited:
If only there were a recipe of how to make a feature-rich rugged off-road vehicle that can sell 200,000 units per year...

(Wrangler).

I don't see why that would happen honestly.
It would be weird move, but we did bitch enough about it to perhaps sway even the most stubborn of Japanese.

Strangest thing to me is that the LX 600 is now sold at the LC price point without AHC but cannot be outfitted as F sport.
F sport starts at $102K and AHC is optional for a bargain price of $1,300. Make that make sense.

I used to really enjoy Lexus having minimal optional packages making buying used WAYYYY easier than anything german.
This is something out of left field entirely. I dont know who they are marketing a base LX600 to with the luxury exterior trim package if not the LC.
But that trim has no packages...?

All this and no I Force MAX either is just all over the place in terms of lineup. I have zero hope that an LC will be further crammed into this space.

One thing I do know for sure, this economic tsunamy that weve spoken about a while back is here and lo and behold just like 08' all the car makes are going bonkers with models. When you see a 10K lbs, $100K+ EV Hummer getting built, and things with single digit MPG all over the place you know we are at peak frothiness.
Im sure you all are hearing about the car marktet imploding... Im expecting cancellations not new model intros to be honest.
GM and F are about to be wiped out again probably. IDK, im a conspiracy theorist so nothing I say matters much in the first place.
The economy is super duper uber strong as a bear... psych

When you see a 10K lbs, $100K+ EV Hummer getting built, and things with single digit MPG all over the place you know we are at peak frothiness.

Didn't the last HUMMER do exactly that? :rofl:

I do think there is a case for the LC here. OEMs spend billions on flagship products for both R&D AND marketing of higher volume derivatives. Ford is great at this. The LC brand was already worth billions in the off-road segment. Ironically it was killed right as the segment really took off.

So rather than trying to configure and market the LC based on category, use its brand as the only truly around the world vehicle to sell more derivatives (for which they truly are at this point).

Keep it exclusive. Give us some luxury and ALL the capability then sell it ala Tesla style to control the buying experience.

[END RANT / PUTTING DOWN THE SCOTCH] 🍻

Didn't the last HUMMER do exactly that? :rofl:

I do think there is a case for the LC here. OEMs spend billions on flagship products for both R&D AND marketing of higher volume derivatives. Ford is great at this. The LC brand was already worth billions in the off-road segment. Ironically it was killed right as the segment really took off.

So rather than trying to configure and market the LC based on category, use its brand as the only truly around the world vehicle to sell more derivatives (for which they truly are at this point).

Keep it exclusive. Give us some luxury and ALL the capability then sell it ala Tesla style to control the buying experience.

[END RANT / PUTTING DOWN THE SCOTCH] 🍻

The Hummer H2 was the automotive hallmark of the last bubble.
It was the christening crown jubilee moment of a dumb "hot" market and cheap energy macro environment.
I don't know if I'm insane, or just no one remembers but that truck, which i love btw, was literally lambasted as the poster-child of excess and frivolity, and was a mark of shame not only on the buyers at the time but also GM and the USA as a whole.
We all know how that turned out, it was cancelled, along with all the other great vehicles of the mid 2000s which IMO was the golden age of the auto industry.
Just enough tech to make things nice, but not everything was digitally controlled. Even for design it was the best era for every brand i can think of.

Give me a 2006 LX 470, a C63, a 740i, and a Escalade EXT, i dont care about anything else after that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom