2024 GX/Prado Release and Discussion (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just talked with the dealer I purchase our company trucks through and he confirms a 2024 Land Cruiser. Said it would be a midrange between the grand highlander and sequoia starting at $55k.

Take that with a grain of salt, but I went ahead and put my name down on his “list” to reserve one 😂
This is looking more and more like a 4Runner (Prado) sub-model. There is merit in releasing two models - one with a 4cylinder turbo and one with a detuned 3.4L turbo. I am thinking the GX Toyota sibling will be the LC with the same 3.4L engine as the GX.

Could this be the lineup?

Sequoia. With Hybrid 3.4L Turbo Max. Lexus equivalent is LX600
Grand Highlander. With Hybrid 3.4L Turbo Max. Lexus equivalent is RX.

4R Prado. With detuned 3.4L Turbo (Base Tundra engine). Lexus equivalent is GX550
4R Standard. With Turbo 2.4. Same engine as 2023 RX.

Highlander. With 2.5L on standard. 2.5L Hybrid on Highlander Hybrid

And then there is of course other models and trims below these above ones.

Toyota’s quote (to refresh the memory)

“"The Land Cruiser has been a legendary name for more than 60 years. While it will be discontinued in the United States after the 2021 model year, we remain committed to the large SUV segment and will continue to explore future products that celebrate the Land Cruiser's rich off-road history. We encourage loyal enthusiasts and intrepid adventurers to stay tuned for future developments," Toyota said in a statement sent to Road & Track.”

Mid 1954 actually. Prior to that is was a "Jeep".
2024 "Heritage" Cruiser confirmed

2024 Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage.jpg

Highly unlikely Toyota will bring 300 series LC in 2024, you can get that in Lexus LX 600 premium.

I can see an off road type suv, maybe modified RAV4 or Highlander with association to term Land Cruiser appear.

Highly unlikely Toyota will bring 300 series LC in 2024, you can get that in Lexus LX 600 premium.

I can see an off road type suv, maybe modified RAV4 or Highlander with association to term Land Cruiser appear.
A modified RAV4 or Highlander with "Land Cruiser" badging would be an embarrassment. What would they call it - "Land Cruiser Sport" ala Bronco Sport? I really hope they don't do something like that and honestly don't think they would. I honestly think the price point was the single biggest problem with the LC200 here in the USA as it was otherwise out of line with the Toyota brand. A smaller vehicle, like the Prado, would be far less problematic as far as pricing goes.

Why can’t Toyota just bring the 300 series to the US as a special order only vehicle? And while their at it the 70 series too!

A modified RAV4 or Highlander with "Land Cruiser" badging would be an embarrassment. What would they call it - "Land Cruiser Sport" ala Bronco Sport? I really hope they don't do something like that and honestly don't think they would.
Not happening. Those are not body-on-frame.

Starting MSRPS of relevant offroad SUVs:
Sequoia $58k
4Runner $39k
GX $58k
LX $89k

Not sure how the alleged $55k Land Cruiser falls into this lineup. I dont buy it......If anything it will be around $65k to distinguish it in the lineup but what do I know

Sequoia $58k
4Runner $39k
GX $58k
LX $89k

Not sure how the alleged $55k Land Cruiser falls into this lineup. I dont buy it......If anything it will be around $65k to distinguish it in the lineup but what do I know
If it ends up being a Prado it lines up with the GX price point, just slightly less as a Toyota should. It really makes perfect sense to me based on what I have heard regarding the next gen GX. The current GX460 IS the LC Prado just dressed up in a Lexus body kit.

Reneging on my bet a couple days ago I would now lean towards the next gen Prado coming to the states as our Land Cruiser and GX550. (Same vehicles, just different badging, styling, the usual) Both offering the TT6 engine.

This new "Bronco/Wrangler" fighter rumor may very well end up being the next gen 4Runner with it's turbo 4 set up. This allows the 4R to keep all of it's various trims from mild to wild and would compete perfectly with the Ford and Jeep offerings.

Sequoia $58k
4Runner $39k
GX $58k
LX $89k

True, lets just hope they break the traditional LC mold and offer more options that they traditionally have. It would make sense to be more competitive. A defender starts at $50K and triples in price when all said an done. That does kind of kill the rumors of it being a Bronco($39K)/ Jeep(low $30K's) competitor, unless going for the Raptor.
I believe the 4R ranges from $38K-$52K so why not the LC? $55K-$100K would fit nicely. Their offering packages with the 300 now so I would assume we should expect the same?
For any of those fighting the thought of not getting their 300, just man up and get that LX! If your bummed no 300, a quick search on exterior dimensions, they are not far off. What's the big deal? Most of you all pissed can't afford one anyway LOL. The current Prado and GX are awful looking but its mostly the front end and awful wheel wells. They will look like a small LX and 300 by a few inches when all said and done.
EDIT*- added weights per inter web search
Bronco- 4700lbs Wrangler 4000lbs. No way the LC would be a Bronco/ Wrangler buster. It's defiantly going to be the downsized 4R with much lighter 4banger. Makes zero sense, way too big and heavy.
300: 5500lbs
1670517757208.png

200: 5986lbs
1670517800100.png

Expected Prado: (current 5125lbs and expected to be lighter?)
1670517847468.png

Can't leave out the best LC ever... 4594lbs
1670517869528.png

Last edited:
We will have a "Land Cruiser" in the US for model-year 2024. It will be a Prado/GX platform with the all-new 2.4L TT i4 Hybrid MAX powertrain.

We will have a "Land Cruiser" in the US for model-year 2024. It will be a Prado/GX platform with the all-new 2.4L TT i4 Hybrid MAX powertrain.

Probably true.
But we already have a land cruiser in USA, its called Toyota Sequoia, trail hunter and gatherer edition coming soon. 🤣

And we already have a land cruiser in USA, its called Lexus LX600 -
Oh what a mess. Consolidating all the SUV models with the unified TNGA platform that shares parts across all models makes them all extremely similar except for interior fixings and body bends.
Want a new Land Cruiser? Buy a Lexus LX600. Want a new Land Cruiser? Buy a Sequoia. Want a new Land Cruiser? Buy a new Tundra… or 4Runner.
Land Cruiser used to be unique. Now it’s just another expensive Toyota

And we already have a land cruiser in USA, its called Lexus LX600 -
Oh what a mess. Consolidating all the SUV models with the unified TNGA platform that shares parts across all models makes them all extremely similar except for interior fixings and body bends.
Want a new Land Cruiser? Buy a Lexus LX600. Want a new Land Cruiser? Buy a Sequoia. Want a new Land Cruiser? Buy a new Tundra… or 4Runner.
Land Cruiser used to be unique. Now it’s just another expensive Toyota
Totally disagree. I don't like how the Lexus looks or the image it projects although it's as close as you can get mechanically. Sequoia, Tundra is nothing like a Land Cruiser apart from the old V8 engine. I have a 4R and it's also nothing like the LC--half the car for half the price.

Yep to be the Lexus version of the gx550 both MY2024. Probably different engines between them

The 4 runner refresh will be in 2025.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom