1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

30 Days

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by DenverCruiser, Jul 22, 2005.

1. DenverCruiser

DenverCruiser

Don’t know if you have all watched the show 30 Days but it gave me an idea for an experiment on myself.
    Here goes.
    For 30 Days I would have to consume only nutritious foods, no alcohol & at least 1 hour of exercise every day. I would test my resting heart-rate and body fat on day 1 and day 30 to compare. Have to consume at least 1 gallon of water a day (shouldn’t be hard with how much I consume anyways). The thing is that I also lift weights about 4 days a week. Should I consider my weightlifting (heavy weight low reps) part of that 1 hour of exercise or should I say 1 hour of cardio regardless of gym? Here are the foods I am thinking I could eat and only eat:
    Whole Wheat Bread
    Lean meats (Beef, Chicken, Tuna)
    Veggies and Fruits (bananas)
    Milk
    Eggs
    Light Mayonnaise
    Light Salad Dressing
    Gatorade (when biking)
    Water, Water, Water

Pretty much what I already eat minus alcohol and the occasional burger & icecream. Am I missing anything I should be eating

What do you guys think I should do to make this even better. Any and all ideas and opinions are appreciated. Wish me luck. Not having beer will definitely be the hardest part.

2. cruiserwanted

cruiserwanted

I would suggest you take a few years off and get fat and eat junk. :D Seriously though if you are already doing most of this I do not know if you are going to see a HUGE improvement. ALOT easier to go the other way like 30 days (which I have not seen) I would suggest not to include weight lifting and if at all possible SWIM LAPS for the hour. Do various reps of laps. google swimming work out. List looks good obviously salads and I would personally try BIG breakfast and medium lunch and light dinner or 4 or 5 "light meals" instead of 3. Just some thoughts. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

:cheers:

3. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

sure glad you're the one doing this and not me...! :D

4. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Moderator

You'll see amazing results. If you haven't seen Supersize Me, check it out. It's really, really scary how much that crap affects your body. I haven't eaten at McD's since.

5. DenverCruiser

DenverCruiser

I did. I havent either!