3 speed vs 4 speed driveshafts FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 73 fj40 and I put a 2f with 4 speed trans in it. My question is what do I need in terms of drive shafts? Will the 3 speeds work? I'm not sure on this. Thanks

You will have to shorten the rear and make the front longer. Also the flanges on the newer transfer case are made for larger driveshaft bolts. Might be good to get 4 speed shafts. Or you can put the old front output flange and park brake drum from your 3 speed t-case onto the 4 speed one. Just thought of this did you get a transfer case with the 4 speed, or did you use your existing 3 speed case?

Are you using the original transfer case modified for the four speed or a four speed transfer case? Pattern changed and most likely different.

You will have to shorten the rear and make the front longer. Also the flanges on the newer transfer case are made for larger driveshaft bolts. Might be good to get 4 speed shafts. Or you can put the old front output flange and park brake drum from your 3 speed t-case onto the 4 speed one. Just thought of this did you get a transfer case with the 4 speed, or did you use your existing 3 speed case?
I got the transfer case too. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom