3 speed transfer case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok guys what did I do wrong...

Took the vacuum advance shifter out of my cruiser and put in the shifter linkage setup in but I am having a small issue

when I try and take off the thing will only move in 4 low, no 4 or 2 high. Did I miss the placement of the fork on the shifter, is that possible. Need me some cruiser karma!

You probably misinstalled the hi/lo fork in the top cover, but if you did I would expect that you would not be able to shift it into N, so something might be strange. Maybe it is a linkage adjustment problem.

ok so i figured out what was up. Seems the cage that has the hole that allows the shifter shaft to move in the l motion doesn't allow me to pull it over far enough to get into high. Seems odd, maybe tweak the shaft to allow enough room to pull it over?

Anyway it isn't a huge deal, at least nothing is wrong with the tranny. Thanks pinhead

are you talking about the mode shaft that holds the fork on the front output shaft (basically the piece you just added)
8510952643_730c018db1.jpg

this part is not hard to disassemble and if it is as bad as mine was, the shaft could use some wire brush action, and you can get the new o-ring and the piece of felt to oil it from SOR....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom