Wanted 3-speed shift boot retainer ring for a 1973 FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Title says it all. Looking for a 3-speed shift boot retainer ring. Any out there?

E8491B24-D683-4D55-AC21-7E809710BB08.jpeg

I have a aftermarket one that has a retainer ring somewhere in the garage if you must have one with a ring.

There was a round retainer ring that SOR used to sell, back in the day, for a standard floor shift conversion. There was also a special, compact retainer ring used in 1974s that still had a 3speed instead of a 4 speed.

Both of those are hens teeth at this point. I’d rather not promise to get pics of them, as I am several weeks behind on picture taking already.

This is the one I have, again it's aftermarket. I never used it because I went with a 4 speed style boot. The ring is plastic btw.

20201204_172256.jpg

20201204_172310.jpg

20201204_172314.jpg

Interesting. I think I have a rare bird with the 4-speed tunnel with the 3 speed tranny. I have to double check - I didn't think the 4 speed boot fit, and the 3 speed fits much looser than the pics you guys posted.

If your tunnel has threaded inserts for the retainer, that are too close for the standard 4 speed retainer, then you need the unicorn I described. I’ve only seen two of them in person, one of which is attached to the hump it will be sold with.

It appears I'm looking for the unicorn Mark describes above! Looks like I'll be doing with out it.
IMG_2829.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom