For Sale 3 speed and transfer case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1972 FJ40 3 speed, transfer case. Will sell as one piece. Will not separate. Will be available after the new year. Swapping in a 4 speed. Best offer plus shipping. Not expecting this to sell, and will be scrapping it if no takers, but wanted to get a jump on advertising. Will probably run over to Pacific Steel and see what they would give for it scrap and go from thee on a price.

Last edited:
Thanks Mark. I don’t “need” this but I might in the future as a spare, just in case. And I’m local so I could pick it up. Let me know.

1972 FJ40 3 speed, transfer case. Will sell as one piece. Will not separate. Will be available after the new year. Swapping in a 4 speed. Best offer plus shipping. Not expecting this to sell, and will be scrapping it if no takers, but wanted to get a jump on advertising. Will probably run over to Pacific Steel and see what they would give for it scrap and go from thee on a price.
I already have 3 of them in my shop and I would buy it if I was closer, but I do hope you can find a home for it as opposed to scrapping it. I hate to see any cruiser part scrapped unless it is absolutely 100% unusable. I always tell myself that these parts are no longer being made and every one that gets scrapped is gone forever. Somewhere, somebody could use it as a whole or parts from it. If @middlecalf decides not to take it and no one closer wants it, I may be willing to pay the shipping if it's not too costly. Keep me in mind as a last stop before heading to the scrapyard. Doing my part to keep other cruisers running is that important to me.

I hate to see any cruiser part scrapped unless it is absolutely 100% unusable. I always tell myself that these parts are no longer being made and every one that gets scrapped is gone forever. Somewhere, somebody could use it as a whole or parts from it. Keep me in mind as a last stop before heading to the scrapyard. Doing my part to keep other cruisers running is that important to me.

Not trying to clutter this thread, but I agree with this. It makes me sad to see parts get scrapped. I know it happens, but it's nice when we can save them.

Not trying to clutter this thread, but I agree with this. It makes me sad to see parts get scrapped. I know it happens, but it's nice when we can save them.
Agreed totally with @Rigger . I have a lot of parts and some actual running & driving cruisers with minimal body left that I have saved from the evil scrapyard over the years. I actually drove one home from Kenosha, WI back around 1989 where the body was being held on by a team of bungee cords, not kidding. Had a bout a 20 mile drive home and pieces were falling off as I was going. Probably lost 20 lbs of rust (or 1lb/mi) but I saved it. Had a front turn signal from a 72 that I saved from going to scrap. I was able to send the signal assy to someone here on MUD so they could have the mounting stud to replace theirs. Feels good to keep these parts moving around the globe. I am now guilty of cluttering this thread :cheers:

Being off a '72 would this have the manual transfer case not the vacuum? If manual, I'd pass.

I certainly don’t want to scrap it, so I imagine I will make @middlecalf an offer he can’t refuse and run it out there. He’s 45 minutes away, so that’s about as convenient a transaction there could be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom