3 on the Tree to 3 on the floor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have EVERYTHING and I am right next door to you.....look out your window...right now....I am waving at you....

wow. :rolleyes:
I almost looked.............. really, I promise I almost looked... Hold on I think I see you... See me waving back, No that doesnt mean your number one!!!!

3 speed column to floor conversion

I am looking for a template or dimensions for the hole I need to cut in my trans tunnel to convert my 70 fj40 from column to floor shift. Any help out there ?

I might be able to help you out. I did this conversion not too long ago. I'll have to take it back apart a bit to make a template. If you can wait a couple of weeks, I'll see what I can do. I need to bend my shift lever a bit since it hits my bench seat, so while I'm at it, I'll take some measurements, maybe make a template.

But the way I did it was to put the thing together minus the shift lever, put the shift boot on with some grease on the top of the boot, carefully put the tunnel cover on, then removed the cover and drilled a small hole in the center of the grease spot. I figured out the hole diameter by measuring the boot, cut out the cover with a jigsaw undersize so I could adjust the location if necessary by shifting the location with a bigger hole, put the cover on after cutting the hole, saw I needed to adjust the location a little, then cut it out to finial size with the location tweak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom