3 on the tree linkage adjustment....... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Texican

s-Moderator
Threads
I dropped a fresh 2f in my 71, had to tweek the shifter arms to clear the header and shorten one, now it is stuck in low-reverse......I have an FSM for my 65 FJ45 and it shows a hole to line up the shifter arms to index neutral, then adjust the rods to match, ...........
What is the procedure for the 71:confused: I do not see any hole for a alignment pin......
Butch

Even if I knew of this alignment hole [and I don't] I wouldn't tell you.:flipoff2:

Seriously, I wouldn't bother with any factory indexing for the simple reason that you have entered the world of 'custom.' Rule #1 in the world of custom is......

form follows function.

Assuming that the top cover of the trans is properly installed, just swing the top arm back and forth to study the range of motion needed to move the gate from side to side, and adjust the linkage to match.

I have noted that it is WAY TOO EASY to overtighten the bolt at the bottom of the column that holds the linkage for that swing arm, so you might want to try loosening that up first...just for SAG.

Best

Mark A.

P.S. never got your RSVP.

P.S. never got your RSVP.

What exactly do the two arms control on this trans?
I'm used to the old Saginaw where one arm is 1st--R and the other is 2-3........
Sorry I did not RSVP but did you really expect me to show up in Kalifornia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom