3 new mods to my 95 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.dustinryan.com
Well, I finally threw down some cash for some real mods last week and thanks to the help of my good friend Glen over at Lextech Automotive we got everything installed in no time at all.

I decided on the OME heavy kit as I intend to do some road tripping and putting tons of stuff in the back and I don't like a droopy back end. I also like how the back is slighty higher then the front when unloaded.
The steering stabilizer was the most difficult part but Glen showed me how hitting the the side of the tierod bracket would elongate the hole just long enough for the stabilizer to pop off. It only took too smacks.

I was able to get a great price on a brand new non winch ARB for under $475 so I decided if I need a winch in the future I will mod this and make one fit.

I took off the running boards which makes it look even better but its difficult for my clients to get in the car. Thank God Mr. T put two hand grabs for each passenger for ingress and egress. This just gives me a good reason for me to purchase some Metal Techs in the future :D

Here are some before and after shots.
1995 fzj80 toyota landcruiser.JPG
P1010018.JPG
P1010017.JPG

sweet! now you are going to stand there and think... "man those tires are just too small", so then you will get new tires. Then, you are going to try those tires out and think... "man, i need some rocker protection because i almost hit my rocker panels" so you get sliders. Then, you are going to think... "man, if i hit the sliders i'm sure as heck going to mess that flimsy little skid plate for the tcase up pretty bad" so then you will get a skid plate....

see where i'm going with this?

looks Great! i can't wait to do the lift on mine.

Exactly what I'm wanting to do, looks sweet! Where did you find the ARB for that price?

Exactly what I'm wanting to do, looks sweet! Where did you find the ARB for that price?
X2. That's a nice price. And looks great. Do you run 33s already? And OME heavy is 3", right?

X2 on the price for the ARB. Where did you find the bumper so cheap. BTW, Charleston is a great city. Go Bulldogs. '96

X2. That's a nice price. And looks great. Do you run 33s already? And OME heavy is 3", right?

Ok, the price was definately good! I was able to contact arb directly in Seattle and after two weeks of phone tag I was able to get them to send me a scratch and dent non-winch bumper for $475 plus shipping. I inspected the bumper and only found two small scratches and no dents. I am amazed how nice the rig looks with it now. They do not have any winch bumpers in the scratch and dent section or I would have gotten one of those.

The ome heavy runs about 3 inches in the front and about 4 in the back. My friends really took notice and the compliments are flying.

The tires are 285/75r16 bfg at

time for a :beer: :cheers:

Nice clean white truck. Looking good though.:D

So which coils are those? 850/863? I'm looking at the same setup.

So which coils are those? 850/863? I'm looking at the same setup.

yes, 850/863 from slee. No abnormal noises or additional mods needed, everything fit perfectly.

The caster correction was fairly easy and slee gives the aluminium thingy to press out the old bushings and push the new ones in. We used a 5 ton hydrolic press and every few pumps we tapped the arm with a hammer and the old bushing would come free.

I was able to contact arb directly in Seattle and after two weeks of phone tag I was able to get them to send me a scratch and dent non-winch bumper for $475 plus shipping.

Do you have any contact info available for our friends in Seattle? Scratch and dent products are right up my alley and wallet.

sweet! now you are going to stand there and think... "man those tires are just too small", so then you will get new tires. Then, you are going to try those tires out and think... "man, i need some rocker protection because i almost hit my rocker panels" so you get sliders. Then, you are going to think... "man, if i hit the sliders i'm sure as heck going to mess that flimsy little skid plate for the tcase up pretty bad" so then you will get a skid plate....

Those things are all on the list and then some! I think sliders will be next and a roof rack. A RTT would be nice too along with a fridge.

Nicely done! Great looking rig!

Nice looking rig!

i thought it was more like.. man im tired of clients ripping my door handles off :bang: so im going to take off my sliders and put on old crappy running boards (edit board) and wheel w/ at's :flipoff2:

CHARLESTON-- rig looks sweet. your knockin out some great mods in good time, still looking at your drawer setup. I tried for months to get a scratch and dent winch model from tim w/ no luck. Hope to see you at a UC event soon.

Looks nice. My rig is at LexTech right now....Glen is doing all the baseline fluids and front axle service including birfs....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom