3 Belt Waterpump Pulley On The FZJ80?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
Anyone know of a 3 belt waterpump pulley that can be installed on the 1FZ?

I am trying to install a york and think this will be the easiest way?

I have searched high and low and cant find anything

Any ideas?

Thanks

talk to alia hes done this mod already, I belive he mentioned welding a pully for it? that of he was looking at the super charger pully i think? sorry not much help but hes done this mod and it was a very clean install.

mike

topend yobbo said:
Is this mod for better reliabilaty or some other reason?

I'm guessing it is for on board air.

Dave

MoGas said:
I'm guessing it is for on board air.

Yes, i have a brand new york from another rig, i want to install into this rig

Thanks

lx450landcruiser said:
that of he was looking at the super charger pully i think?

Ahhh! Didnt even think of that!

Thanks

lx450landcruiser said:
talk to alia hes done this mod already, I belive he mentioned welding a pully for it? that of he was looking at the super charger pully i think? sorry not much help but hes done this mod and it was a very clean install.

mike

What is Alias whole username?

Thanks

The easiest way is just to find a pulley of the correct diameter at a junkyard and take it and the water pump pulley to a machine shop - they can do whatever cutting and fitting is needed and they can weld it on nice and straight so there is no wobble. You definitely want close to zero runout, both laterally and radially.

I would be a little reluctant to try that at home unless I had a lathe and better welding skills ;(

John Davies

John E Davies said:
You definitely want close to zero runout, both laterally and radially.
I would be a little reluctant to try that at home unless I had a lathe and better welding skills ;(

John Davies

I agree with John. It's better to have it done professionally if you aren't comfortable with welding. In my case, all turned out great but the potential is there. My pulley is balanced and concentrically smooth.

Going with the supercharger pulley is another option, however, at a whopping $200, sort of defeats the purpose of a cheap OBA!

Ali

alia176 said:
I agree with John. It's better to have it done professionally if you aren't comfortable with welding. In my case, all turned out great but the potential is there. My pulley is balanced and concentrically smooth.

Going with the supercharger pulley is another option, however, at a whopping $200, sort of defeats the purpose of a cheap OBA!

Ali

Thanks Ali

I am going to look further into having this done. Your friend Silviu mentioned that you might be having a kit in production @ some point, please keep me on the list, i am very interested!

Also, i was going to take some pics of the passenger side of my engine and post them up here. You appear to have a lot of open space there. My pass side front of the head area appears to have a bunch of smog stuff there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom