3/69-9/69 Carb Diagram (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone,

Any ideas where I can find an exploded diagram of the exciting, but rare 3/69-9/69 FJ 40 carb?

My wife's grandfather left her his 1969 FJ40 after he passed many years ago and I'm finally getting my hands on it. It last ran about 9 years ago and needs a carb cleanup among other things. This is my first experience into the cruiser world and now I'm hooked. I'm by no means an expert mechanic, but I do have access to the internet and 3 young boys that need to ride in the coolest machines on the planet! We will learn together.

I've read the history of this carb and while many recommend upgrading to the 38/38 carb, I'd like to keep it stock for now. The vehicle is in excellent overall condition and just needs some basic cleanup. Once it's back up and running we can look at OME lifts, upgraded ignition, etc.

For now, it would mean a lot to my wife to see our boys riding in her grandfather's Cruiser who they never got to meet. Thanks!

First off, welcome to MUD. I believe this is the diagram you're looking for:

3.69-9.69 Carburetor.png

It exists!!! Thanks! This is a huge help.

I filmed and took pictures of every step of the disassembly process, but having a proper diagram makes me feel better about putting all the bits back together again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom