3/4" torque wrench in N. CO?

Anyone know a place to rent a 3/4" drive torque wrench for the front crankshaft bolt in denver/boulder/ft collins area? I've called a bunch of places and haven't been able to find one.
Thanks,
Aaron

most truck shops will have a 3/4 torque wrench to tighten truck wheels wost case would be to pay for a service call and get the tire guy to torque it for you

Anyone know a place to rent a 3/4" drive torque wrench for the front crankshaft bolt in denver/boulder/ft collins area? I've called a bunch of places and haven't been able to find one.
Thanks,
Aaron
Most autoparts stores also have tool rental's that only require a deposit.

Found one

I called maybe 30 rental places - one place had one but it was over an hour away. Finally just walked into a truck/diesel repair place in town and they let me use their 1" drive for a couple of hours for $20

I was using this to tighten the front crank bolt (or whatever its called). Using a piece of chain bolted into one of the holes in the pulley and then wrapped around the frame rail worked really well to keep the engine from turning - it didn't bend the bolt any.

Aaron

I was using this to tighten the front crank bolt (or whatever its called). Using a piece of chain bolted into one of the holes in the pulley and then wrapped around the frame rail worked really well to keep the engine from turning - it didn't bend the bolt any.

Aaron

Good to know. Appreciate the follow-up.

:beer:
Rookie2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom