3.3 Cummins FJ40 Install (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alternator mounting

I put the old pulley and modified the bottom mounting, still need to make the top curved slotted part. Shaun do you know where it is?
IMG_2042.jpg

Transmission / transfercase mounting

Ok so I copied the FJ60 transmission / transfercase mounting that I made for my FJ40. I tried to get it as close as possible. Looks like I'll have to notch the factory bracket but I also did that on my 40 as well.

I know (think hope) the shifters will fit through the existing holes in the body.
IMG_2043.jpg
IMG_2044.jpg

I put the old pulley and modified the bottom mounting, still need to make the top curved slotted part. Shaun do you know where it is?

I dont think I had it when I got the motor, but it actually looks just like the one from the 2F motor I will see if Georg has one if not maybe just a generic one will work.

You may want larger shackles to create more space between the cummins and the diff case.

When I mocked mine together, I needed more clearance.

BTW, the pilot bearing for the Advanced adapters & toyota tranny is the same part number as a 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Gas (Napa has it).

I'm doing basically the same build with my project now...

any update?? like to see how this turns out..

Hey Guys!

Sorry for the long absence been busy the past year or so with Deployment, getting situated back home and taking a little break/relax time. With that said going to hit this project hard to get it finished.

Here is a picture of the Industrial Flywheel with an SAE automotive Flywheel Adapter
IMG_0033 by charger383bb, on Flickr

Here is the Bell Housing adapter sitting off to the side
IMG_0032 by charger383bb, on Flickr

Bell housing Adapter mounted
IMG_0034 by charger383bb, on Flickr

Advance Adapter GM to Land Cruiser Bell housing mounted
IMG_0035 by charger383bb, on Flickr
IMG_0036 by charger383bb, on Flickr

More to come!!

Here are some more pics from over the weekend.

Mounted and all hooked up. I still need to get the GM flywheel and the whole clutch setup still just mounted it all together to get it placed on the fram so we could motor mount placement and start the fab process on that.
IMG_0037 by charger383bb, on Flickr
IMG_0038 by charger383bb, on Flickr

We ended up having to take the tranny off the motor because the tractor didn't have enough power to lift it all together, that was a nightmare trying to move that with gravel and dirt on the ground.

Photo of the tranny placement.
IMG_0041 by charger383bb, on Flickr
IMG_0040 by charger383bb, on Flickr

Also pictures of the whole setup inside the frame minus motor mounts
IMG_0043 by charger383bb, on Flickr
IMG_0044 by charger383bb, on Flickr
IMG_0046 by charger383bb, on Flickr

My goal is every Monday/Tuesday is to post more pictures and progress updates of what I do over the weekends

So made some motor mount brackets for the motor this weekend didnt get to much done this weekend got a late start on Sunday and the heat was kicking my ass. But did get to play with our new plasma torch to cut up and modify the old motor mount brackets that came with the motor.
IMG_0054 by charger383bb, on Flickr
IMG_0053 by charger383bb, on Flickr

Here is a couple pics with the motor mount attached to the bracket.
IMG_0056 by charger383bb, on Flickr
IMG_0055 by charger383bb, on Flickr

Almost forgot. So trying to figure out the height of the motor and about where the crank pulley should be is our next step before we make the Mounts for the frame. I have plenty of room underneath the clear the oil pan by a mile it just trying to figure out how much of an angle the engine should have. Any suggestions would be helpful. Below is a picture of where the crank pulley sits to the front cross bar on the frame. Also Right now the top of the turbo to the frame where the front shock tower is about 22" tall
IMG_0058 by charger383bb, on Flickr

Thought I had a side view picture of the engine and the frame but guess i didnt take a pic.

Any update???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom