3.0 1KZ-TE turbo diesel engine?

I was wondering what the possibility and pain would be in putting a 3.0 1KZ-TE turbo diesel engine into a fj55. I know that there would be a lot of electircal, but would it be worth it, and possible. Jarcoinc.com sells a variety of half cut vehicles with engine transmission and transfer case all in one.

lowenbrau

SILVER Star
That engine is pretty cool in a Hilux or even a Prado but its gonna be anemic in a Pig. It's not as bad as a 2lt but it'll puke a head if you drive it on the highway.

I was wondering what the possibility and pain would be in putting a 3.0 1KZ-TE turbo diesel engine into a fj55. I know that there would be a lot of electircal, but would it be worth it, and possible. Jarcoinc.com sells a variety of half cut vehicles with engine transmission and transfer case all in one.

A buddy of mine has one in his bobbed pig on 35's. It's a very smooth engine and his will go to 95-100 MPH on the 35's. Not that's comfy, but it'll go if you want it to. On 31's that thing is freaking fast for a pig.
Really, i think it's a good choice if you can find one.

HTH

Mark

FJ55 diesel

mtnmort,

I am the guy with the 3ltr diesel in his 55... (buddy from troopie)
Great engine! Only thing is, I have got the 1KZ-T engine and not the 1KZ-TE engine build into the pig. So less electrical issues.

The whole driveline is upgraded, because the torque can give some ehh...problems...

5 speed manual, matching tranny, all from a KZJ-73. Intercooler, "modified" turbo pressure and fuelpump, 3 inch Inox exhaust.

Axles are HZJ (4.2 ltr, 6 cil. diesel), converted to coils front and rear. Now I have got disc brakes all round (you'll need them!) and a full floater in the rear.

I am the "new member" on the forum. You can check out some pics of my car.

The only thing you have to take care of, using this engine is overheating. The cilinderhead is prown of warping!

Any questions, please ask them!

Greats,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom