2x4 Lexus GS350 FJ62-80 Conversion ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
I'm interested in creating an inner city beast. I never use 4 wheel drive & want to improve performance, handling & gas mileage. Any thoughts on converting with a 2 wheel drive 2007 Lexus GS350 3.5 V6 (303hp - 274lbs t, w/ 6 sp AT)? Which is a better candidate, the FJ62, or 80? (In the 80, I prefer the 93-94 dash board). Also, what is involved in permanantly removing the transfer case? Yes, I know this is near sacreligious though, I've owned a 60 years ago and love the durability, reliability & utility of these FJs. I just want to build a vehicle to suit my needs / conditions.
Thanks.

Last edited:
What? How about getting a 2wd 4runner or tundra.....

D

Thanks for the suggestions though, no Runners & no Tundras. For a "City Beast" I love that the 62 & the 80 are not huge, (both under 16 feet even with larger bumpers). A Tundra is just too big. I actually considerd a 1997-2001 Cherokee Classic (a little small at only 167 inches long) w/ BMW M power train. If it's an 80, I'd de-fender flare it for a nice clean look.
BTW darwink1, You're in Sudbury??? Do you know the Srdonovich Family? Second brother George is a dear friend. I always love to see how small the world can be, lol.
Thanks.

April fools!

Nope, dont know them.

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom