2UZFE oil starvation on hill climb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.asrparts.com
From a road course racers point of view. I see many race engines use an oil reserve tank (accusump) to keep the bearings oiled during high lateral G cornering since oil in the pan is sloshing to one side.

Since climbing a steep hill will slosh the oil to one side of the pan, is there a posibility that the Toyota 2UZ-FE engine will have an oil starvation at an extreme vehicle angle?

I had a few non extreme off roading trips and never saw the oil pressure light come on. Here are some pictures of my "sold" GX470 at truck hill trail at Hollister Hills. Thank you very much!!

Last edited:
The 100-series Cruiser (and therefore the V8 engine in all models) is rated at 45 degrees verticle and off-camber. All is well.

that middle photo is interesting...
Did you manage to roll it over? that was a good try!

e9999 said:
that middle photo is interesting...
Did you manage to roll it over? that was a good try!

It still had some good weight on the driver side so it is not close of rolling over. I decided to drive down the same path I came up and it was a totally different experience. I wasn't able to use DAC because it requires the truck to speed up a little then it will slow it down which I will not take a chance on this decent.

The trail was very slippery and the rear wheels kept locking up and making the truck sideways. Very very scary. I also was running on fully inflated tires (which didn't help) and ride height set to high which I should set it to low or normal to put some weight back in the rear tires.

Were you actually able to drive up truck hill? :eek:

I have not had a UZJ engine apart yet, but the pervious engines for cruisers here in the states have had oil traps (lack of better word) around the oil pick up to help control oil from starving the oil pick up. So my guess is that there would be this trap or baffle in the UZJ engine as well. But this would not work so well if the truck was on it side or upside down for very long. later robbie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom