2UZ fuel path/flow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I suspect the injectors are clogged.
BUT tonight I got it to blurp... that is I think one cylinder (sort of) fired... I got a blurp of exhaust and a pop...... I DO need to get the injectors cleaned....
:cool:

I suspect the injectors are clogged.
BUT tonight I got it to blurp... that is I think one cylinder (sort of) fired... I got a blurp of exhaust and a pop...... I DO need to get the injectors cleaned....
:cool:

Did you use starter fluid (ether) to start the car. Once sprayed in your intake it should start up for a second. That would rule out other systems like fuel injector and other components needed to get the car going.

Are you getting fuel out after the regulator to the return line? Where are you getting the vacuum to the regulator from?

Last edited:
My injectors are sent out for cleaning so I can't test this in the real world right now. Maybe someone will chime in with facts or the interweb will help...

So the FPR does stop fuel flow back to the return line entirely until FP increases enough to overcome the spring and/or vac pulls up on the diaphragm.

Therefore the pump "prime" should pressurize the fuel rail, and with the FPR, settle to just below the spring pressure setting and would then hold pressure in the fuel rail (and to the closed injectors). When cranking/running the FPR will try to maintain proper pressure to the now opening/closing/firing injectors by adjusting the FPR valve diaphragm.

Is this a good explanation of the system?

1608130325496.png

No. One of them was bad so I ordered a rebuilt one to be sent directly to the service place to be tested to make sure it is up to 100%. I should be getting those injectors back within the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom