2UZ-FE into a 1994 80 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello 80 world. Im wondering if a 2UZ-FE is possible to put into a 1994 80 series. Thanks ! Long story short... I have a 2001 100 series that has horrible frame rust but only 187K on the odo. I also have a 1994 80 series in the driveway that is in great shape.

Last edited:
The 2uz transplant can and has been done many times.

Somebody is going to say "use search", then someone will ask "why not LS", someone else will say "turbo the 1fz" and on and on it will go.
Thanks... I did search but did not find all the answers I need. What is "LS"? - the GM engine ?

Somebody is going to say "use search", then someone will ask "why not LS", someone else will say "turbo the 1fz" and on and on it will go.

haha this!! But I have wondered the same thing. I have a 2uz in my 4th gen 4runner and love that damn thing! Great power plant! Would love to see a detailed write up of anyone has one or doing it! I’m debating Turbo, LS, etc myself.... as many have before us.

Seems like a lot of work for less than 50 HP. Go LS whatever you want for the same $$$ and lots more fun.

Thanks... I did search but did not find all the answers I need. What is "LS"? - the GM engine ?
Yeah, the search function on the forum is the one thing about Mud that isn't great. A quick google search should get you there.
Yes, LS is the many variant GM V8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom