2UZ-FE and Safari ARMAX snorkel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, first post here. I have owned a 2005 2UZ-FE for just over a year and am loving it so far. I am slowly adding or upgrading various things to suit my New Zealand based activities. Next thing is a snorkel - required for many interesting trips in NZ because of the large number of creek crossings here, which can swell very quickly after rain.

I ordered a Safari V-SPEC snorkel, but they are out of stock in NZ and so Safari sent me the new 100 series ARMAX instead for no extra charge...very nice of them! I understand from reading forums that the increased airflow has no performance advantages for the petrol engine. That’s fine, I need the snorkel as insurance for water crossings and not for engine performance (engine is bone stock). But, my question is: are there potentially any negative consequences of increasing airflow to the 2UZ-FE, such as throwing off the air/fuel ratio? I don’t understand the details of engines enough to know if this is a risk, but would like to know about it before committing to the install job....

Any feedback much appreciated.

2005 LC100 2UZ-FE 290,000km.

I prefer that new snorkel stout design. If you have the retractable antenna, that has to go away as the new design doesn’t have the shape to avoid the antenna assembly. Otherwise it’s straightforward install.
2AEDDB2C-E1B4-44F4-89C4-06A4E32D71D2.jpeg

I have installed a few snorkels on my previous adventure trucks both diesel and petrol, no negative side effects at all except for the the air filter being to be serviced (i used BMC washable filters) a bit sooner than without a snorkel.

Last edited:
It's there since decades, nothing's wrong. Just had to relocate radio antenna. This is EU spec left handed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom