2UZ 4.7 V8 swapped 1991 FJ80 Toyota Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rob Jackson
1991 Toyota Landcruiser
SOLD
Saratoga Springs, Utah
801-360-7566

landcruiser.jpg

2uz.jpg

engine_bay.jpg

1991 Toyota Landcruiser with 2005 Tundra 4.7L v8 Motor has around 40,000 miles on it and runs great. Auto transmission from a 2005 LX470 with 10,000 miles. Stock transfercase is still used. Exhaust system is of course custom with headers, and 2 1/2" mandrel bent piping. Dual cats on either side which then feeds back into a custom X-pipe, which flows nicely into duel 44 series flowmaster mufflers. After that it is necked down to 2 1/4" piping for ease of routing. The exhaust tips then exit the vehicle in the rear on either side. To sum it up, it SOUNDS really NICE!!!

The automatic transmission for 2005 is a new and improved 5 speed. With a lower first gear than previous transmissions, this makes it great for acceleration performance.

Also added leather interior with power seats
1995 Bumber and grill
Full floater rear axle with e-locker.
Front HP e-locker
factory e-locker switch and ECU.

There are still a few cleanup items from the swap, but they are rather minor. I have been driving the vehicle 50 miles a day for 2 months now with several 200+miles trips. I have hauled cars around with it on a large flatbed trailer and it has no problem pulling the hills.

I have been able to get 17.5 MPG with combined highway city. That is 4-5MPG better than the stock 4.0L I6.

It passed safety and emissions no problem. Due to the lack of EGR valve(vvti replaces EGR) I had to go to the state emission inspectors who will most definitely critisize anything that is questionable. They gave thumbs up on the swap and passeded with very low emissions.

I have done countless conversions such as this so I can tell you that this is good quality work, but as said earlier, there are a few small things left to finish up which don't really effect how it runs/drives, I just want to make sure it is reliable for long term and I have other projects that need working on as well and I just want to get the word out for potential buyers. I have about 15-20 hours or so of cleanup work to make it complete.

Please feel free to give me a call for a test drive. I am in Orem 5 days a week with very flexible times I can meet.

Here are some vids

YouTube - 1991 Toyota landcruiser 2uz 4.7 v8 swap driveby

YouTube - 1991 toyota landcruiser 4.7 2uz v8 conversion. Acceleration from at stop.

YouTube - 1991 FJ80 Toyota landcruiser with 2UZ 4.7 v8 0-70mph

YouTube - 1991 Toyota Landcruiser FJ80 with 2uz 4.7 V8 swap, walk around

YouTube - 1991 Toyota FJ80 Landcruiser 2uz 4.7 V8 conversion. Engine bay

Call Rob at 801-360-7566 for more info

Last edited:
Guys are going to be pretty rough on you here considering this is your first post.

But on a side note for the past couple years I thought this would be an excellent swap for the Toy purist in the 40 series. Love that engine...gobs of power and not bad for mileage if you are nice to it.

You would be better off grabing a rig with stock lockers though.

Please post up a build if you end up doing this. Sure would build some credibilty.

Last edited:
I did this swap a couple years ago. Never got a finished picture when it was all cleaned up, but you get the idea.

mockup_front.jpg

Could you post pics of the 80? Where are you located. The swap sounds awesome.

I am in Orem, Utah.

Transmission would be an R150F(if manual route). This would turn it into a 4wd vehicle instead of an AWD. Should be AWESOME for gas mileage.

Here are some pics. Didn't turn out well in the low light.

front.jpg

front2.jpg

front_drv.jpg

front_pass.jpg

rear_seat.jpg

steering.jpg

back.jpg

For a quick reference of SWAPS that I have done here is a list.

1994 4x4 4runner 7MGTE Turbo I6 swap
1992 4x4 Pickup 7MGTE Turbo I6 swap
1995 4x4 4runner 7MGTE Turbo I6 swap
1991 2wd Pickup 7MGTE Turbo I6 swap
1989 4x4 4runner 7MGTE Turbo I6 swap
1981 4x4 Pickup 7MGTE Turbo I6 swap
1987 4x4 4runner 7MGTE Turbo I6 swap
1994 4x4 4runner 7MGTE Turbo I6 swap

1987 Toy Motorhome 1UZ swap
1988 4x4 4runner 1uz swap(in progress)

1983 Samurai 1.9 TDI swap(will all its OBDII functions working and driveby wire)

4.6 DOHC mustang motor into a 1994 4x4 Ford Ranger.

I have also done about a half dozen or so Manual converions, some where there were no manuals avaiable for that make and model.

In addition to this I have also built up several high HP Supra and lexus vehicles, one of them making over 900rwhp(1100bhp)

This should help with my credability.

Definitely a wrench with experience. I'll be watching your build on the 80's forum. Good luck

added some stuff

Leather interior with power seats
1995 front bumper and grill
1995 front brakes
Full Floater rear with e-locker(looking for actuator) I do have switch and ECU.

Price went up to $9000 due to the extra glamour.

sweet swap man i love the all toy swaps! keep up the good work!

Good luck with the sale! I would be interested but sank all my cash into an import of a diesel...

Love those 4.7's and I had one off the redline for about 50K with no probs and one of the best motors I even ran into.
Nice vids!

those videos are SWEET!!! I just rewatched em...

I think if you were to hook that thing up with a decent lift and tires with some bumpers there would be some deffinite buyers.

I could possibly take partial trade. I need at least 5K cash to pay some stuff off.

If I can't sell this within the next 60 days, I will be selling my wifes sequoia and keeping the cruiser. Either way, one of them needs to go pretty soon.

Super Runner!

Hey Dude!

I remember you from Pirate years and years ago! You had the sickest 4runner ever with the built supra motor in it! When you posted it for sale....I so wanted to jump on it!!!

Guys.....This dude is no joke if he is the same guy from Pirate!

Good to have you on!

Rick

Haha, yup, same guy, and thanks. Tore down the 4runner to pay for my wedding back in '04, or I would still have it.

How on Gods green earth does that thing get better mileage than a 4runner with the same engine?!?!?

Nice truck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom