2nd row seat middle seat belt stuck. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any ideas or write-ups with pictures (worthless without pics) on how to unstick my seat belt? Its been stuck the whole time I've owned it and since I only have two in the back it hasn't been a priority but I've got some time so I thought I'd get it working again.

I have the same issue but for 2nd row passenger side. Some on this forum have indicated that this can be a warranty fix by Toyota. Any idea if this is true and if so, how to get that process initiated?

If you remove the plastic cover on the top seat back and look down into the metal bracket just before the belt roll up, you'll see that the belt might be twisted and jammed in the metal guide when it rollback. I just had to pull hard on mine until the twist portion is freed from the metal guide.

If you remove the plastic cover on the top seat back and look down into the metal bracket just before the belt roll up, you'll see that the belt might be twisted and jammed in the metal guide when it rollback. I just had to pull hard on mine until the twist portion is freed from the metal guide.
Mines on the body/window pillar because its the side seatbelt. Is that just one of the yank hard and it will pop off pieces?

Mines on the body/window pillar because its the side seatbelt. Is that just one of the yank hard and it will pop off pieces?

My info was for middle seat but I think the common problem is twisted belts so look at the binding area to see what's going on. This has happened on BMW Z3, RX300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom