2nd/PWR switch part number for 2006 land cruiser (cannot find) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys, have looked around pretty heavily but not been able to found the part number. Did my homework and turning to the forum.

Can someone point me to the OEM part number?

Mine get stuck sometimes and I am thinking of just putting a new one.

Have you tried removing the switch and cleaning it?

Had the same issue and a good cleaning fixed it. Dust, dirt and crumbs can work their way into the gap around the switch and then into the switch itself. A good cleaning may be all it needs and will save you some coin. It’s at least worth a try.

Last edited:
You want #1

Capture.JPG

Have you tried removing the switch and cleaning it?

Had the same issue and a good cleaning fixed it. Dust, dirt and crumbs can work their way into the gap around the switch and then into the switch itself. A good cleaning may be all it needs and will save you some coin. It’s at least worth a try.
Did you pull the entire cover (surrounding the trans and t case shift knobs)? Or is there a way to just "pop" off the buttons? My 2nd start sticks but my ECT is perfect. I'm guessing there is some crud underneath the indicator button itself. Tried some elec contact spray cleaner, helped some but still gets stuck at times. Might need to spray a few more times. Trying to avoid popping the entire cover.

Removing the cover is no big deal:

Unscrew and remove the t-case knob, put the main gear shifter in D. Open the cup holder lid, grab the cup holders and pull up hard. There is a press-in fastener directly beneath each cup holder, those will release and the panel will begin to pull up.

Keep pulling upwards to release the fasteners along the sides of the panel. When it’s high enough reach under and unplug the connectors to the seat heater and 2nd/pwr switches.

Remove the cover and prepare to be grossed out by the ecosystem of past nastiness flourishing beneath.

Unscrew and remove the t-case knob, put the main gear shifter in D. Open the cup holder lid, grab the cup holders and pull up hard. There is a press-in fastener directly beneath each cup holder, those will release and the panel will begin to pull up.

Keep pulling upwards to release the fasteners along the sides of the panel. When it’s high enough reach under and unplug the connectors to the seat heater and 2nd/pwr switches.

Remove the cover and prepare to be grossed out by the ecosystem of past nastiness flourishing beneath.
[/QUOTE
Thanks! I am gonna do it today. I have been wanting to clean the switches and underneath there fir a while, I just always get scared with my 22 year old plastic clips, fasteners, etc.

Thanks! I am gonna do it today. I have been wanting to clean the switches and underneath there fir a while, I just always get scared with my 22 year old plastic clips, fasteners, etc

Thanks! I am gonna do it today. I have been wanting to clean the switches and underneath there fir a while, I just always get scared with my 22 year old plastic clips, fasteners, etc

I used some q tips and an old toothbrush. You can also take the switch apart and clean the springs and moving parts inside of it.

It’s been a while, but I think the bottom half of the switch can be removed with a small screwdriver or plastic pry tool. It will be pretty obvious once you have the switch out.
Got it. Yeah I saw where you could separate it. I'll give it a shot tomorrow, thanks again

Ayune is spot on. The clips are a little heartier than in other places. Attached are pics to give you a sense of placement of the clips. Pulling up hard on the cup lid generally works to pull it out, although I did manage to pop out some of the door lid gears so I had to reglue them. The last picture shows a gap between the cup holder unit and the shifter cover. You could use a pry tool to get additional leverage/even pressure in that space. I found an exploded can of dip and got $1.73 off my purchase price.

1A976C30-2262-4D97-A71A-C7A39136B43A.jpeg

9DDC3CEA-CFB1-40B4-8477-66772C189D73.jpeg

B7AB8EF6-E978-4F95-888B-31C6A704C9A8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom