2nd gen brake booster on 1st gen 4 runner fitment question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dohcdelsol93

snoogans
Threads
I got my new booster (cardone brand I believe) mounted. All went well, even made new gaskets with beer carton.

I reused the 1st gen spacer that goes between the fire wall and booster.

Once installed the fork is short of the pedal engagement mounting hole. The new booster didn't come with the fork so I'm reusing the 1st gen fork.

I realize there is adjustment to it but even maxed out I'm too far from the pin to provide good pedal travel.

Maybe the 2nd gen fork is longer than the 1st gen? I don't have one to compare to. I've considered welding a nut or two on my fork to extend it.

Note: no brake master or engine installed to provide vac. Im installing all this while the dash is removed and i don't have to stand on my head to work on it.

Thanks ahead of time.

I run a Gen2 booster on my 1985. I don't remember a spacer.

I run a v6 booster from a 92 4Runner. I ditched the spacer and just bent up the bottom of the booster a tad to clear the steering column. Never had an issue otherwise.

I have a gen2 booster, with spacer on my 88.
no issues whatsoever putting it in or attaching it.
Put up some pictures, so we can get a look

My old truck has a V6 booster, and a 1" master. Popped right in no problem. I don't remember needing a spacer, but that was way back in 2007. Tight to the clutch master, but it fit.

V6BoosterMC.jpg

I run a v6 booster from a 92 4Runner. I ditched the spacer and just bent up the bottom of the booster a tad to clear the steering column. Never had an issue otherwise.
Digging deep into brain matter. I seem to recall the SA steering shaft, and the IFS steering shaft have different diameters at the firewall side. One clears the V6 booster, and the other doesn't. On one of my trucks I had to dent the booster. On the other I didn't.

The spacer I am using is the 1/4 inch spacer. Even if I removed i would not make up the space. I'll try to post a pic tonight. The tip of the yolk barely hits the mounting portion of the pedal assembly.

Yea, something sounds wrong... hoping someone can measure a spare lying around to compare for you... I don’t have a spare booster or else I would.

Maybe it's my pedal bucket? Truck was an automatic. The guy i bought it from was planning a 5 speed conversion that i am now finishing. The pedal bucket came with the truck and I put it in. Anyway, i came up with a fix.

20201222_141505.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom