2nd Annualish Camping and Night Wheeling, July 25-26 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am planning a nearby overnight camping trip on Saturday, July 25th and Sunday, the 26th. I will head up to the Rainbow Falls area on Saturday morning, setting up camp at the end of 348G, where the blue star is on the map, below. I will probably drive to a nearby stream or lake and fish a little during the day. I plan to cook up some burgers around 6:30pm and then hit the trails around dark.

map.jpg

Trails: I'm thinking we take Missouri Gulch (344) up to 347, 348C, and return to camp. I think this is what we did last June. This can be run by most trucks, is still fun for built trucks, and takes ~2 hours to complete at night.

Everyone is invited to join in for camping, or just burgers and night wheeling. Please let me know if you will make it, so I can get enough burgers.

Ya it sounds like you old timers had a good time last year so I may try and make this. Might let the wife drive so I can have some adult beverages seeing it's my birthday weekend. I will try and get out but don't count me in just yet. I like the annual event by the way. Very cool.

As of now I plan on camping up on rampart Friday and Saturday night. So I should be in for this. If I don't find you oh well maybe next time. But I should be a go.

Maybe I went wheeling last weekend so I got my fix, plus I need to get the water pump in my Saab... Its been sitting on my lift for way too long...

Packing up. Going to go after work tomorrow. Will try like heck to meet you guys but the moonshine might just do me in before I get a chance. Only time will tell.

Reactions: SAS
Steve, one of the guys from work, will be camping/riding along with me. Probably do some fishing, too.

We're in.

Sweet. How many in your crew?

Packing up. Going to go after work tomorrow. Will try like heck to meet you guys but the moonshine might just do me in before I get a chance. Only time will tell.

Hopefully you can hold off on the moonshine long enough to join in. If not, maybe we will run into you at some point on Sat or Sun.

Had a blast last year, will do everything I can to make it out again this year.

I'm guessing you have your hands full getting ready for your move. I hope you can get away for a little while saturday night.

Six; family plus one guest visiting from KCMO. But two are not carnivores, so only four for your burger calculation!

Last edited:
I'm guessing you have your hands full getting ready for your move. I hope you can get away for a little while saturday night.

Normally, I'd make it a point get get out with you at least one more time before we take off, but such a tight schedule. Also, Jess works nights tomorrow, so not really an option. It's actually another reason for our move. Jess has always worked retail which means alot of night and weekends. Now that's she's moved to finance, weekends off!

Have fun. Looking into getting to Cruise Moab next year, so.....

Six; family plus one guest visiting from KCMO. But two are not carnivores, so only four for your burger calculation!

Got it. I'll see you tomorrow evening! I will do my best to tune to 146.580 around that time, as well. This way, you should be able to call me if you have issues finding us. However, this is pretty easy to find.

There is a little clearing with a mud hole where people usually camp at the start of 348G.

Reactions: SAS
Normally, I'd make it a point get get out with you at least one more time before we take off, but such a tight schedule. Also, Jess works nights tomorrow, so not really an option. It's actually another reason for our move. Jess has always worked retail which means alot of night and weekends. Now that's she's moved to finance, weekends off!

Have fun. Looking into getting to Cruise Moab next year, so.....

Yep. I worked 10 years of retail and my wife worked restaurants/bars for years. I know the working nights routine all too well. Good luck to you guys and congrats on the move. Let me know if I can give you a hand packing or anything...maybe an evening next week.

I hope to return to CM, so hopefully I will see you there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom