2nd Annual Marlin Crawler R/C Rock Crawl Comp (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BigMike

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marlincrawler.com
Source: 8th Annual Marlin Crawler Round-Up: Registration Open! | Marlin Crawler, Inc.

When? Sept 12, 2009
Where? Rubicon Springs Campground, Rubicon Trail
Part of a larger event? Yes, this is part of the 8th Annual Marlin Crawler Round-Up

Last year at our 7th Annual Marlin Crawler Round Up event held every September at the Rubicon Springs campground, Rubicon Trail, we held our 1st Annual Marlin Crawler R/C Rock Crawl Competition and it was a huge success!

We had over 70 spectators watching 16 competitors duke it out on the rock garden that forms a part of the Rubicon River bank.

The weather was perfect, the course was setup in 3 progressively harder sections and it was fully on!!

This Competition is held during the Official Marlin Crawler Round-Up Event, so if you are wheeling in with a real trail rig and you plan to camp, then you must register for the event. If you are simply going to bum a ride with a friend who has a Rubicon capable rig then registration is not necessary for just you.

We also have an Official Round-Up Registration Thread located on our forum through the following link:
Official MCR8 Registration Thread --- Sept. 11-13, 2009

Lets see who is going to Rock Crawl both in a real rig and in a scale rig!!

Bring your RCs! Win some prizes and maybe even compete against Marlin!!

BigMike

If you are planning on participating in the 2nd Annual Marlin Crawler Round Up R/C Rock Crawl Event, please let me know so I can add you to the list!

There is NO fee to participate in the R/C Rock Crawl Event, however, as noted above, if you plan to camp in a 1:1 rig, you will be required to register for the Round Up since it is an Official Event that has reserved the entire Springs Campground.

But, if you bummed a ride in and are just camping in a lil tent by yourself, then registering for the Round Up event is not required.

Current list of people signed up:
Myself! 2.2 Axial
bcrofts (from rccrawler.com)

Here are some pics from last years comp!

IMG_9928__Medium_.JPG

IMG_9940__Medium_.JPG

IMG_9929__Medium_.JPG

IMG_9931__Medium_.JPG

IMG_9933__Medium_.JPG

IMG_9934__Medium_.JPG

IMG_9936__Medium_.JPG

IMG_9937__Medium_.JPG

IMG_9939__Medium_.JPG

IMG_9943__Medium_.JPG

IMG_9946__Medium_.JPG

IMG_9949__Medium_.JPG

IMG_9951__Medium_.JPG

IMG_9952__Medium_.JPG

IMG_9953__Medium_.JPG

IMG_9955__Medium_.JPG

Award Ceremony:
IMG_9958__Medium_.JPG

The winner, Phil, got some sweet Marlin Crawler Swag and a Marlin Crawler RC Rock Crawl 1st place Award plaque :)

any 1.9 rigs in there? my MRC is ready....

otherwise, if I can make the event, I may need a 2.2...already have the Pitbull tires for it :D

Gonna have to get into this stuff........ looks like alot of fun.

Plus I can afford it.

Hey Big Mike, met and hung with your dad for the roundup, great guy.

Tell him the token Canadian is coming down to visit.

Rob

I have a Losi mini, modified (wheel weights, steel gears, high angle drag kinks etc) very fun and addictive. Wish i could go to your event!

any 1.9 rigs in there? my MRC is ready....

otherwise, if I can make the event, I may need a 2.2...already have the Pitbull tires for it :D

Awesome. I really want to get those tires also, hopefully by the round up :)

All classes are open! It just depends on how the sign-ups go. If we get a bunch of 1/6th scale Nylints (Lord helps us) then we'll setup some courses lol

Right now we have 2.2s and 1.9s signed up :D

Plus I can afford it.

Yeah, you say that now :D:D

Hey Big Mike, met and hung with your dad for the roundup, great guy.

Tell him the token Canadian is coming down to visit.

Rob

Ok Rob, I'll let him know ;)

I have a Losi mini, modified (wheel weights, steel gears, high angle drag kinks etc) very fun and addictive. Wish i could go to your event!

You've got time! Buy some plane tickets! They are cheap 6 months in advance :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom