2lte re install issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Starting a new thread as I couldn’t find one specific to this issue. This is kind of a continuation of a different thread of a replacement of a 2LTE that I posted on an update recently.
My issue is this: I can’t get the engine re installed completely, it’s about a 1/4 in from mating up with the bell housing. The alignment pins look fine and I have most of the bolts started but it’s at a point where I don’t wanna crank on something and force or break something else. A guy helping me cranked on the bolt that goes to the lower starter mount and broke that, fortunately I have a replacement from my original engine.
It should be noted that this engine while being also a 2lte came out of a 99 MarkII Chaser. The only thing left other than the block from that engine is the starter, injection pump and intake manifold, everything else was swapped over from the original engine. The one thing I’m not sure of is the torque converter, I didn’t remove that off of either engine and they are two different sizes. I put the larger of the two on as I figured it needed to be larger for the bigger vehicle.
The transmission was not removed when the engine was pulled. We tried installing the torque converter first on the transmission but that didn’t seem to work so we pulled it back out and mounted the torque converter onto the starter/flywheel and tried that and that’s where I’m at now.

E5CD84CB-D556-44DA-A578-AA382FACE39B.jpeg

EFF8BC70-E62D-45A7-877F-DAB7BC75F449.jpeg

50A8508E-BBE6-490B-B835-2AD7EF92A9DC.jpeg

77F9303A-AC91-44EE-92BC-216CED4EE7E5.jpeg

When I had mine out, I left the torque converter in the bell housing. My guess is your problem has something to do with the torque converter. Here are some pictures when I did this work. Might help you figure out which torque converter is which, and double check the engine pictures.

When I had mine out, I left the torque converter in the bell housing. My guess is your problem has something to do with the torque converter. Here are some pictures when I did this work. Might help you figure out which torque converter is which, and double check the engine pictures.

After looking at yours I’m convinced that it’s the correct torque converter but I believe your right that it’s not in all the way. Should have just kept trying to install it with converter already in bell housing. I’ll try it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom