2LTE Mechanical Injector Pump (Non ECU) | LJ78 ATM (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In my endeavors to get my LJ78 running, I am considering what it will take to bypass the ECU for the Spill Control Valve and Glow Plugs.

Question - Will a mechanical injector pump work on a 2LTE Automatic? From reading other posts, manual seems to be no problem, but not sure of an automatic.

For glow plugs, I will be going with a manual Wilson switch.

For temp gage - will be wiring this into the front dash and bypassing ECU temp sensor (if possible to bypass?).

Is there anything other than above I need to consider to bypass the ECU when getting the engine to run? Note - The ECU will still be connected to provide the relevant integration with the dashboard features.

Greatly appreciate your wisdom.

In my endeavors to get my LJ78 running, I am considering what it will take to bypass the ECU for the Spill Control Valve and Glow Plugs.

Question - Will a mechanical injector pump work on a 2LTE Automatic? From reading other posts, manual seems to be no problem, but not sure of an automatic.

For glow plugs, I will be going with a manual Wilson switch.

For temp gage - will be wiring this into the front dash and bypassing ECU temp sensor (if possible to bypass?).

Is there anything other than above I need to consider to bypass the ECU when getting the engine to run? Note - The ECU will still be connected to provide the relevant integration with the dashboard features.

Greatly appreciate your wisdom.
Unfortunately I can’t actually give you any answers, except it looks like I will be giving a similar think a try (I have 1kz swapped my LJ78 automatic but having EDC issues so I’m contemplating a 4m40 pump swap.

Unfortunately I can’t actually give you any answers, except it looks like I will be giving a similar think a try (I have 1kz swapped my LJ78 automatic but having EDC issues so I’m contemplating a 4m40 pump swap.
Nice. I have been exploring this a bit further, but unsure what needs to happen regarding gearbox management. Seeking to find if this is controlled by the ECU or vacuum pipes mounted near the top of the firewall.

Nice. I have been exploring this a bit further, but unsure what needs to happen regarding gearbox management. Seeking to find if this is controlled by the ECU or vacuum pipes mounted near the top of the firewall.
Answer provided :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom