2L-T in a 85-95 truck.

I heard that a 2L-t will drop right into an 85-95 truck. Apparently the motor will bolt right up to the tranny and even the motor mounts are in the right spots. Does anyone have information on doing this?

crushers

post ho

i do not know but i know someone that you can chat with about it. shoot me an email and i will give you his contact info.
wayne@crushersrule.com

BTW, where is the other place you recommended for gauges besides Mopac. cheers

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

are you thinking run bigger tires ... with 2L-T and stock gears . ?

letme say to you, TLC II with 2L-T come from Toyota with 4.88 factory gears, and 30" tires.

Take it in mind. :)

I want to make a dirt bike truck so it will consist of a light weight flatbed to replace the box and usually will have 2 dirt bikes.

Will Bolt........ but not directly to 22R/RE,3VZE tranny due to difference...... best way is getting a Hilux transmission and then you`ve got none problem

I have done such conversion 3 times

Last edited:
The Engine mounts are very simillar to the gasoline engines, there are some differences in power steering and charging (the gasoline have ic regulators built in alternator) and the 2L-T have separate votage regulator.... also will have to change the exhaust which goes on passenger side in diesel.

We have a lot of these trucks here in poland... The 2L-T Engine is good but likes to overheat, and we had a lot of cylinder head issues here.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

nikos said:
We have a lot of these trucks here in poland... The 2L-T Engine is good but likes to overheat, and we had a lot of cylinder head issues here.
also here in Panama ( hot weather ) but I think if you know the maintenance record for this engine .. wil be fine ..

Top Bottom