2L-T, 2L-TE Clearinghouse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings,

So, I've decided to gather the results of my extensive web-based research about the 2L-TE engine into one spot and make it publicly available on my website in a sort of clearinghouse format. Here's the link: 2L-Tx Clearinghouse

A lot of the links are to various threads in various forums, but there are also links to online tech manuals, parts diagrams, specs, etc. This is a project under construction - I've still got a lot of stuff to put up there, but i wanted to go public in case anyone has links they'd like to send. If so, PM me or post in the thread...2L series only please!

I was hoping to make this a fully searchable, database-driven site, but who has that kind of time...maybe someday! First step: get the links up. Next step: make it a little nicer to look at/use.

Feedback welcomed.

Robin

P.S. At the bottom of the 2L-T page, there's a little section dedicated to the lowly LJ78. Prado lovers unite!

Last edited:
Robin.

Also a lot of discussion about 2LT and 2LTE engines at www.hiluxsurf.co.uk .

The Hilux Surf uses the 2LT and 2LTE up to 1993 when the 1KZT engine was fitted. UK 4Runners also use the 1KZT engine.

UK Hilux pickup use the 2L adn 2L2 until the fitting of the later D4D engine.

light_duty said:
Greetings,

So, I've decided to gather the results of my extensive web-based research about the 2L-TE engine into one spot and make it publicly available on my website in a sort of clearinghouse format. Here's the link: 2L-Tx Clearinghouse

Wow great job.
Very helpful.

Bob B
1977 FJ40 "MuMu"
1992 FJ80 "Tubbs"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom