2H vs 1HZ/1HD-T Fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
Hi all ..

Simple question .. does anybody can confirm if the 1HZ/1HD-T fan share the same bolt pathern with the 2H fan .. ( 2H with fan clutch ) ?

radshroud1.jpg

Credit of the Pic: Steve :D

I got a 1HZ fan pic. Are you trying to swap fans or clutch?
robs pics 082 (Small).jpg

i just finished a 1HZ swap into a HJ60 and the fans will interchange bolt to water pump but the 1HZ fanis 1/2 bigger across the plastic...

I got a 1HZ fan pic. Are you trying to swap fans or clutch?

Fan .. my fan clutch still working fine ( hope ! :) )

i just finished a 1HZ swap into a HJ60 and the fans will interchange bolt to water pump but the 1HZ fanis 1/2 bigger across the plastic...

Means share the same bolt pathern to the fan clutch, thought can trimm a little bit the blades if comes necesary ..

I'm happy to confirm that the 1HZ/1HD-T fan and the 2H fan share the same bolt pathern, and new my Tencha have a 8 blade 1HZ fan ( little bigger ) and 1HZ fan cluth .. with my heating problem solved ..

Need to perform a little mod in the fan shroud... ( top section ) to allow the new bigger fan spin freely ..

I'm happy to confirm that the 1HZ/1HD-T fan and the 2H fan share the same bolt pathern, and new my Tencha have a 8 blade 1HZ fan ( little bigger ) and 1HZ fan cluth .. with my heating problem solved ..

Need to perform a little mod in the fan shroud... ( top section ) to allow the new bigger fan spin freely ..

How much clearance between fan and radiator? The 2H fan is quite thin looking from the side

How much clearance between fan and radiator? The 2H fan is quite thin looking from the side

1" are not much really .. but thought it's enought ..

On a related note, do the 1HZ and 1HD-T share the same fan clutch? I've seen a bunch of fan clutches on ebay marketed as 1HZ clutches but wasn't sure if it would fit the 1HD-T.

On a related note, do the 1HZ and 1HD-T share the same fan clutch? I've seen a bunch of fan clutches on ebay marketed as 1HZ clutches but wasn't sure if it would fit the 1HD-T.

Yes they are the same. The landcruiser fan clutches are also colour coded ith a dab of paint but I cant remember which colour is for a 1HZ HD T

Thanks rosco. I was thinking about maybe trying the blue fan clutch mod and if so I wouldn't mind picking up a spare fan clutch off ebay and trying it on that. But all the Oz ebay listings say 1hz clutch and list it as suitable for hzj cruisers not hdjs.

Well well .. On sat have got time to made my custom fan shroud .. not the best that I can do, but haven't much time .. here how it come ..

main.php

Looks the same, but aren't .. I cut the top part of the factory due to my new fan rub on top DS of the factory shroud .. well actually still doing .. but much less ..

Those 1HD-T blades are huge .. !

main.php

main.php

Anycase I'm pretty happy with the swap .. now my temp it's back to normal ( cool ) spot .. now I need more diesel :D

main.php

As you can see pretty sunny day ( means here Hot ! )

main.php

I have a video that allow see me pushinng she pedal to metal .. and close to 14 PSI .. with no EGT problems at all ..

Here is the first ..

YouTube - Tencha Boost/EGT

Haven't enought space ( also it's little complicated take a video when you are driving :D ) to push she much more .. as you can see never reach 1000ºF ..

So .. I need more diesel .. ( even with my electric pump on )

YouTube - Tencha Boost/EGT/RPM/Tmp

Enjoy !

wow nice stuff. Is there an easy way to get one of those big fans on the front of a 3b??

wow nice stuff. Is there an easy way to get one of those big fans on the front of a 3b??

Go to your local parts .. ask for a 1HZ fan and compare it with yours .. check for actual clearance with your shroud and let figure ..

Go to your local parts .. ask for a 1HZ fan and compare it with yours .. check for actual clearance with your shroud and let figure ..

What and leave ih8mud to go outside!?!!

btw love that you wrote your trucks name on the air hose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom