2h Troopy with 12HT fuel line question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched and couldn't find anything similar to this...

I've got this HJ75 with a 12ht in it and I'm trying to de-cluster everything since it was built in Australia and yeah...

I've chased a number of gremlins down and my last question is this:

-The older 2H had two fuel filters, correct? A cartridge style and a screw style. This Troopy has a cartridge screw-on filter on the engine block and a secondary one (I suspect from when it had a 2H in it) mounted on the driver's side fender. This second filter is a cartridge style. I want to remove the cartridge filter and just run the one fuel filter.
-My question is, the PO t-spliced the fuel return into the main line. So the main line feeds to the cartridge filter (which I'm removing) and then ran the OUT line into the main filter IN. These lines go to the secondary filter off-camera (bottom right of this image)

I know the 12ht IP is direct-injected and the fuel return line goes back into the main tank to cool the IP. Would this be problematic to re-route the fuel lines, eliminating the extra fuel filter as shown in the image below?

RenderedImage.JPG

The older 2H had two fuel filters, correct?

Older 7* series came with one filter and a pre filter as an option. In 95 the pre filter became standard.

As long as you can get it back to what it is now, its not a problem.
Prefilters work good, I tend to add them rather than pull them off.

Yeah, the only issue is this one looks like it's been hit with a hammer. Lots of dents all over and the main bolt + crush washer doesn't make a good seal because of a dent, so the pre-filter seeps a bit and smells like fuel.

So there's not an issue with cooling the injection pump or not having a way to purge any air that might be in the system?

I didnt know the 12HT pump uses fuel to stay cool, I thought it was only the rotary pumps on later models. And again, I wasnt aware you could purge air on the prefilter. I could not do that on any of my 1HZS
Do you know for certain the prefilter is OEM. Pic would be nice

Last edited:
I'll take a photo of it tomorrow.

Here it is. Marked with the TEQ Katakana.

IMG_1325.jpg

I would just set it up as toyota designed it. Fuel tank to prefilter. prefilter to primary filter . Filter to injection pump and send a fuel return back to the tank if thats what the 12HT pump requires

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom