2H Rebuild Kit - Falcon Performance (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hard to tell. The price is similar to the high quality australian kits, but of course shipping will be cheaper.
I don't understand the pre 80 and post 80 statement. Maybe the forklifts were different, but in the trucks the pre 10/84 were sleeved, and afterwards not.
cheers,
Jan

Same price here in Canuckistan... all you have to do is pick up the phone and call.

The kits, in my opinion, are not totally complete but pretty good. You would need to add combustion chambers, rockers (maybe the rocker shaft), a new oil pump and relief valves etc.

~John

Oh I didn't realize you had rebuild kits as well, John!
Thats good to know, I'll be sure to give you my patronage again when the time comes then. What are the sources for your parts? OEM Toyota?

Lewis

OEM Toyota: 2 pistons is the price of this whole kit with 6 pistons. I only have one 2H kit left, it's for the first oversize and I am only carrying the pistons with the steel ring lands (upgrade option that is included at no additional charge). The stock 2H pistons don't seem to hold up very well for some reason. Will post a sample photo if I get a moment.

I will be bringing in more kits on my next freight order, but that is a few months out yet.

~John

I would ask where the kit parts are outsourced from. If anything is made in China, I'd shy away.

Or Taiwan. I have heard the Taiwanese cylinders delaminate. Ask "FL Cruiser".

Or Taiwan. I have heard the Taiwanese cylinders delaminate. Ask "FL Cruiser".

I'm happy with a lot of stuff I've bought that is made in Taiwan.

And I'm disappointed with some stuff I've bought that's been manufactured in countries like New Zealand, Australia, England, Japan (including Toyota) & Canada. (I wonder why I can't recall being burnt by bad USA-made products yet? I'm sure they exist!)

And both countries (Taiwan and "mainland China" are gaining manufacturing expertise rapidly.

Hell ... Haven't you noticed that big-name companies (including many from the USA) are moving their manufacturing to these asian countries (like it or not) to take advantage of their low labour rates.

I recently bought a pair of Doc Martin shoes because I associate that name with "quality long-life footware" (based on trying many inferior brands over the years). When I got home I found they are now "Made in China" rather than "Made in England". And the qualitry does look marginally lower (while the price was little-changed). That's life in the modern world!

In the modern world I think the key is "quality control" rather than "country of origin".

Although having said this, if you went into my workshop ... you'd find mostly American, German, Italian and English tools and equipment. But such gear is becoming too rare and overpriced now IMO.

So yeah..... I sit on the fence.....really. .... But I'm saying I wouldn't automatically rubbish gear based on "country of origin".

Ok, here's one for those of us in Australia, who makes/stocks good quality 2H rebuild kits over this side of the pond?

(I wonder why I can't recall being burnt by bad USA-made products yet? I'm sure they exist!)

Yeah, they exist. You can usually spot the bad ones because they'll say "Jeep" or "Chrysler" on them.

I recently bought a pair of Doc Martin shoes because I associate that name with "quality long-life footware" (based on trying many inferior brands over the years). When I got home I found they are now "Made in China" rather than "Made in England". And the qualitry does look marginally lower (while the price was little-changed). That's life in the modern world!

The Doc's I'm wearing at the moment I bought in 1999. I've worn them daily for about 5 of the intervening years. From what I've seen, the new Chinese Doc's probably wouldn't make it. Plus the "Made IN England" stamp makes them a classic. :D

Sorry, hijack over.
PIC-0050.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom